News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CHASE HQ II - THE WAIT IS OVER

Started by ukmarkh, 19:58, 03 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Well perhaps someone could contact the seller who could contact the buyer.
So, maybe, we still have a chance to dump this cartridge...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Cholo

Holy pancakes! I didnt see that one comming. 900 is just insane and beyond reason. The most expensive amstrad item i ever bought was the symbiface2 at about 140 eu and that really made my heart race, putting down that kinda money. And at least the symbiface is usefull to me. £900 for a old game is like buying 10x symbiface2 and then not use any of them. Crazy.

About the buyer: im guessing its a international buyer. The shopping pattern suggest it as i dont think a uk person would bother buying from germany/france. (Schneider=germany and informatique=france).

redbox

Quote from: fano on 18:57, 24 October 10
Let's writte ourselves, we'll save time and money  :laugh:

I'd love to know how this type of game (Chase HQ, Burnin' Rubber, Wec Le Mans etc) is programmed.

There seems to be an awful lot going on and bytes being shifted - the moving horizon, sprites getting bigger, the road moving and so on.  I guess there's lots of tricks being...?

I assumed on Burnin' Rubber they were using split screens and hardware scrolls, but I see that the original Chase HQ does similar things and runs on classic CPCs.  The frame rate does seem to be lower though, so maybe that's what's happening?

dragon

And uses hardware sprites.Uses the hardware sprites in the burning rubber big letter with fire,And in ingame your red car is made with asic hardware sprites.But no uses dma sound :( .

Terje_Norway

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:21, 24 October 10
Right, I think so too. But who is this person? I only know few from the past who would do such crazy things... Terie Norway, Jesus from Spain, and Prodatron would have to money for sure... but I don't think it was one of them...

However, I wish do be wrong, but honestly I think now we will never get a dump of this cart. Nobody who spends that much money would share the bits with us. Greed is an original sin.

It's not me  :(

I was tempted into bidding, but I would never have payed 900 GBP for a game  ::)
I do still have a few working brain cells left after all. 

Is this the most expensive CPC item ever sold ? ? ?

At the moment I can only recall two other auctions that has reached this level and beyond.

1.) A few years ago there was an auction for a complete set of "The Amstrad User 1-71" (Australian magazine).
If I remembers correctly it was sold for 9000 Australian Dollar (About 4500 GBP)
Big surprise. Buyer newer payed for it (He had no stars ! ! ! Never got any either  :laugh: )

2.) A few months ago there was an auction for a complete set of GX4000 carts (not including Chase HQ2)
It had a buy it now option with a price of 2000 GBP. Wasn't sold  ???

Yours

Terje Grind
Norway

PS. The most expensive items I have ever bought for the CPC is as following :
1.) 10 x HxC Interfaces (about 500 GBP)
2.) 4 x Symbiface II (about 500 GBP)
3.) Pang GX4000 cartridge (about 95 GBP)

ivarf

Hi Terje, it was me this time. Please don't tell anyone...

Terje_Norway

Quote from: ivarf on 21:43, 24 October 10
Hi Terje, it was me this time. Please don't tell anyone...

Bring it along next time You comes by, so I can make a copy of it.....

Yours

Terje Grind
Norway

ivarf

Will do, we can play it a few times before we destroy it. Our remaining copies will be worth more then

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 19:42, 24 October 10
Well perhaps someone could contact the seller who could contact the buyer.
So, maybe, we still have a chance to dump this cartridge...

Do you seriously think that somebody buys an old cart for a 1020 Euros - just to spread it's content then for free?  :laugh:

I don't think so!  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Xyphoe

Well I don't think it will lose too much value after it's been dumped and made public ... people pay because it's an original and part of their collection. The scarcity of it will keep the value where it is, although the next one that comes up for sale is likely to dip in price ... and if they resold it and opened it up for live auction may get less than what they paid for it.... Saying that though they could leave it as a Buy It Now for £1000 and wait long enough for someone else mad enough who may have missed it the first time to get it.

Polish bootlegs flooding the market may de-value it somewhat, but the people who buy that stuff aren't for the most part buying it to complete some 'collection', more out of curiosity or the luxury of booting straight into one of their favourite games.

That recent NES game auction (some sports game) that fetched £25,000 or something unbelievably rediculous ... still made that price despite having the ROM dumped for it already for a long time I believe.

Ygdrazil

So there is a chance that the Chase HQ cartridge will be up for auction again in a short time  :)

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 21:41, 24 October 10

It's not me  :(

I was tempted into bidding, but I would never have payed 900 GBP for a game  ::)
I do still have a few working brain cells left after all.

Is this the most expensive CPC item ever sold ? ? ?

At the moment I can only recall two other auctions that has reached this level and beyond.

1.) A few years ago there was an auction for a complete set of "The Amstrad User 1-71" (Australian magazine).
If I remembers correctly it was sold for 9000 Australian Dollar (About 4500 GBP)
Big surprise. Buyer newer payed for it (He had no stars ! ! ! Never got any either  :laugh: )

2.) A few months ago there was an auction for a complete set of GX4000 carts (not including Chase HQ2)
It had a buy it now option with a price of 2000 GBP. Wasn't sold  ???

Yours

Terje Grind
Norway

PS. The most expensive items I have ever bought for the CPC is as following :
1.) 10 x HxC Interfaces (about 500 GBP)
2.) 4 x Symbiface II (about 500 GBP)
3.) Pang GX4000 cartridge (about 95 GBP)

andycadley

In a way I'm glad it went for so much, I had seriously considered putting a substantial bid in but nothing like that kind of money. It's sad that the community may still not get to play it, but I can't believe for a second that it is good enough to justify that kind of outlay.

steve

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:10, 05 October 10
I've spoken with Martyn (Retro Gamer writer), he knows James, the chap who actually owns the the Chase HQ cart, and apparantly James isn't the guy selling the game.

'Hi Martyn, it is not my one. I will be very interested to see how much it sells for! James'.

Martyn has suggested we all club together and buy this game as a community, instead of turning this into a bidding war? Of course, only if we can judge the authenticity of the game.

Personally, I still think this is someones sick idea of a prank.  :-\

Maybe now James will be selling his cartridge.
If you have another whipround you should aim a lot higher, £800?
Maybe he will consider a private sale on the understanding that the cartridge will be copied for the benefit of the whole CPC community.
If you could make 40 to 50 cartridges with this game it could be eventually pay for itself.

ukmarkh

The arcade cab only goes for around £800... in fact I've seen one for sale in Wales for £475

MADNESS!

Lets hope the chap that won it will distribute it through Winape32... that way it can't be copied.

At the very least, if the new owner doesn't produce a youtube Vid i.e. playthrough within the not too distant future... it's a fake and the whole thing was a setup to get coverage.  ;)

jbaudrand

"it's a fake and the whole thing was a setup to get coverage. "

the news will probably be in every retro magazine, so, in my opinion, it could ring a bell to some people and maybe they can come back to cpc...(because I come back to CPC with the coverage of Orion Prime in pix'n love magazine)

Ygdrazil

Hmmm

I agree this case stinks... unless the cartridge is actually being paid for this case seems dodgy!!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: jbaudrand on 18:16, 25 October 10
"it's a fake and the whole thing was a setup to get coverage. "

the news will probably be in every retro magazine, so, in my opinion, it could ring a bell to some people and maybe they can come back to cpc...(because I come back to CPC with the coverage of Orion Prime in pix'n love magazine)
!!

Gryzor

Damn... wonder if he shares...

[EDIT] Oh boy, it plays and sounds like crap...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:32, 14 February 12
Damn... wonder if he shares...

[EDIT] Oh boy, it plays and sounds like crap...

Well, since he states that only two copies exist... no chance IMO.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus