News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CHASE HQ II - THE WAIT IS OVER

Started by ukmarkh, 19:58, 03 October 10

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Quote from: robcfg on 23:05, 14 October 10
I was completely serious about my offer, you count with my 20 pounds for the cause  8)

You tell us how you want the money transferred to you.

If we were to win it, I'd just contact everyone that helped after picking up the cart. Elliot has already given me he's word that he will send me the hardware to convert it... and then I will send back his hardware with the file and to all those that helped. But with a few conditions though, around distribution. I will send these people an email updating them. But, it's really early days yet.   

So Far:

Robcfg £20
fano £20
Gryzor £20
TFM/FS £20

£80 so far

Devilmarkus

Sorry Guys, I can't help here :(

I wish I could, because the game really looks cool.

I hope, that others will also spend a fee to get the cartridge.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

arnoldemu

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:58, 06 October 10
I'd be happy to put £10.

Or, if he doesn't want to sell, could we pay him some money as a thankyou for letting us dump it?

So, without a dump the only option open is for somebody to code a version of it?
I'll happily bung another £5 on there.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Damn! Already two bidders and 9 days to go! That will be a tough one... let's hope the best!

Maybe it could help to contact the other bidder and make a kind of deal??? Maybe there is no sense in it???
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

I'm still behind my offer, but is this for real?

jbaudrand

:? already 215$

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270649526052

:/ I really hope it will not reach the score of the Atari game (310000$)

:/ my dear, I really need to build this time machine.

ukmarkh

So Far:

Robcfg £20
fano £20
Gryzor £20
TFM/FS £20
Arnoldemu £15
Nich £20
Martyn £20

Hope I haven't missed anybody? So far £135

Woo-hoo

andycadley

Well you can certainly count me in for £20, a bargain if it does finally unearth a copy.

Johnny Olsen

ervin

I'll chuck in £15 as well.

Best of luck to us all!

Gryzor

180GBP already then? wooh. I don't remember how long it's been since I've spent 20 GBP for a CPC game, but oh well :D

Cholo

Woot? Game is back up and running?
Count me in for £20 as well !

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 23:03, 14 October 10
If anyone from the forum is gonna bid on this, just let me know and I'll back off! Don't wanna start a crazy bidding war.

I haven't replied for a few days, I've been thinking and mulling it over all this week.... whether I'll bid and go for it.

Obviously, if some of you don't know, I am a collector of these carts and of course do the gx4000.co.uk site - so apart from Dick Tracy this is the last one to get so this is exciting stuff for me ... but I'm also now thinking about the community and people pledging money etc... and Mark's comment about a crazy bidding war so that has been playing on my mind.

Firstly, I think this going to end up being a crazy bidding war regardless ... I mean there's that Spanish guy I believe (and I think his username has "Jesus..." in the title or something) that spends rediculous amounts of money on hardware and rare stuff. I can see this going up to £1000 and beyond!

Secondly, say I did bid and win this ... I think you all know me well enough at least to know it won't be held onto and not made available for dumping, I'll do my absolute damndest to get it to the community - provided we have a safe dumping method.

I guess it depends on how far we (Mark, me, whoever on here) is/are willing to go here.

So I'm going to see how it goes till Sunday afternoon, and start watching the auction closely and see what comes in.

I'll pledge another £20 here and now, no probs at all.
It's up to you guys if I end up winning whether you feel you want to contribute that towards it ... f***ing hell, I've been sat here for a few days thinking 'hmmm what can I sell to cover this?' ... I may sell off a lot of the GX4000 collection I have perhaps... but as it happens I sold my 2nd car last week, so this is helping.

Gryzor

Well, I guess it's between UKmarch and you then, to decide who goes for it... I mean, we're supporting the current bid in order to have the opportunity to dump it, so it would be ok for either one of you I guess!

ukmarkh

Xyphoe... not a problem mate, I'll back down and along with what's been pledged so far I'll add £20 to the cause. It's a shame that the whole CPC community can't come together and function as one big community to secure this rare item.

Good luck

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 07:51, 20 October 10
Xyphoe... not a problem mate, I'll back down and along with what's been pledged so far I'll add £20 to the cause.

Hi mate ... I'm not stopping or asking anyone else to stop bidding, that would be very unfair to do so...

Quote from: ukmarkh on 07:51, 20 October 10
It's a shame that the whole CPC community can't come together and function as one big community to secure this rare item.

...nor should anyone else feel guilty for wanting to bid themselves. Sorry if that is not what you're implying, it's how it read to me.

From this topic isn't the CPC community coming together anyway?
So if a few of us bid, it may end up pushing the price up higher... but then each of us will have our 'maximum top limits' which we'll bid in anyway so it doesn't really make any difference. I'll end up - if I decide to come Sunday evening depending on current bid - just putting in one bid which is my maximum I will go to and leave it in the hands of the Ebay gods  :laugh:

arnoldemu

My opinion is that really there should be 1 person from the CPC community doing the bidding to save it from collectors outside.

It doesn't matter to me who it is as long as it's somebody who is prepared to contribute the cover scans, cart scans, instructions and a dump of the cart (using the hardware Eliot has, and in a safe way without breaking the cart).

My money would be behind anyone who can secure it.

Ok, owning it is a great prize, I know I would never have the money to own the cart myself, and really I would just be happy to play a dump.

Both Xyphoe, jesus and ukmarkh are all respectible and all want to do this. So lets all cooperate and make the impact of the final price less for the winner.

(it seems like I singled you guys out, but it's only because I believe you are the the ones in the community who are planning or are already bidding)

I am sorry I can't offer more to this cause, all I can do is to continue to support the cpc, cpc+ and give some small money towards this cart.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ivarf

Personally I think a mad bidding war is the best as long as the cartridge goes to Norway  :P A very high price certainly will get some space in RetroGamer. In my opinion thats good for the community too. Then they could have a several page spread review about Chase HQ on the GX4000 and the crazy prices we Amstrad collectors pay and upping the reputation for the Amstrad as a collectors item

ukmarkh

I have no interest in owning the cart, but would like to see the game distributed safely and not fall into the wrong hands i.e. Polish bootleggers. Before I opted out (too many shefs and all that) I asked Richard Wilson if he could include chase HQ 2 into the boot up code (similar to burnin Rubber) of his emulator, in order to protect the code, and he reckons he could do it. So some food for thought!

I'm also willing to put my £20 on XyPhoe... and if I'm honest, especially after looking at his GX4000 website. This is probably the best home, he's put heart and soul into that site and deserves a complete collection. My only request is that he lets me play it round his house, whilst sinking a few beers  ;)

Now let's get this cart uploaded and play some long awaited Chase HQ 2

eliot

Quote from: ukmarkh on 10:12, 20 October 10Now let's get this cart uploaded and play some long awaited Chase HQ 2
Mark, have you new infos from James and his first revealed Chase HQ 2 ?

ukmarkh

He won't release the cart... and hasn't contacted me. Martyn who did the Retro Gamer article told me he would contact me, but nothing as yet.  :'( 

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 10:12, 20 October 10
My only request is that he lets me play it round his house, whilst sinking a few beers  ;)

Thanks mate! And that's a done deal! Certainly in the unlikely case that I do win, then it would be nice to have some assistance dumping it too.  :)

arnoldemu - are you still in the UK and able to get to the Midlands?

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 16:10, 20 October 10
He won't release the cart... and hasn't contacted me. Martyn who did the Retro Gamer article told me he would contact me, but nothing as yet.  :'(

Yea he was never going to let the cart leave his house ... but what about yourself or with me going down to his place with Eliots hardware to dump it in his supervision?

This was the thing I never got that he would have a problem doing ... he seemed to indicate that he would allow this on the CPC Zone forums then went all quiet on us when Eliot came up with the solution?

eliot

Quote from: Xyphoe on 17:58, 20 October 10
Yea he was never going to let the cart leave his house ... but what about yourself or with me going down to his place with Eliots hardware to dump it in his supervision?

This was the thing I never got that he would have a problem doing ... he seemed to indicate that he would allow this on the CPC Zone forums then went all quiet on us when Eliot came up with the solution?
Eaxctly the same for me! The solution could be so easy for about 3 years , that's why I think it's crazy to bid and to make this a money affair. Sometimes, I imagine it could be a (good) hoax...  :o  If not, be sure I'm here to help as planned since the beginning... 

Johnny Olsen

If you go for it Xyphoe, then count me in for £20.