News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision Calendar 2017

Started by chinnyhill10, 21:42, 09 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

I've done a limited print run calendar for the Youtube channel. A3 in size, featuring screenshots from real hardware. Naturally there's lots of CPC action including some grabs direct from CTM 644 and lots of famous CPC games. March is devoted to Burnin' Rubber!

[attachimg=1]

Order from here if you want one. 2017 Calendar

I promise CPC fans won't be disappointed. I've ensured there's parity with the other 2 main 8 bits. You get a DVD as well containing reviews of every game and some bonus material.

Limited quantity of 60 printed with 55 for sale. Postage is included within the EU.

And if you want a video explaining what it's all about try this:

Hurry because they've only been on sale since Monday evening and just over half have already sold.

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

March will be of special interest to GX4000 and Plus fans. Burnin' Rubber at A3 size on your wall. Overall there are 27 screenshots derived from the CPC across the 12 months.

[attachimg=1]

32 years of being short changed in multi-format publications but this time there's plenty of CPC action!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

EgoTrip

I know its too late, but maybe for next year, you could have the day numbers in the corner so there is space to write stuff in the box. And the font in the CPC font.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:59, 13 September 16
I know its too late, but maybe for next year, you could have the day numbers in the corner so there is space to write stuff in the box. And the font in the CPC font.

Little bit constrained on design budget this year. I did everything myself apart from the calendar/days bit which I had to pay someone to do. I just didn't have budget for any more tweaks (originally it came back with no grid!). On such a small print run of 60, every bit more of the designers time I used added significantly to the cost. But remember its A3 (everyone keeps saying its much bigger than they thought) so people should be able to squeeze writing in.

I did do my own trial with the days in the CPC font. Didn't like it. I daresay a proper designer given time would find something that would work but as I say budget was very tight. I didn't want to mess around with Kickstarter doing this, I just decided to do it and see what happened. But that then means trying to predict numbers to print etc and budgeting from there.

If a 2018 calendar happens depends on if demand for this batch is fulfilled.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

EgoTrip

The calendar looks really good, just a little bit of feedback. A3 is huge so yeah I can imagine there is plenty of space. Also, I expect that most people buying one wouldn't write on it and would want to keep it looking pristine.

Shame I'm in no position to buy one, maybe next year things might be different, I would do if I had the money. Which sucks because theres quite a few projects I'd like to have been able to support and have been unable to.

chinnyhill10

Novabug has done a video on the calendar, so you can see every page and just how much CPC content there is in it:

Embed not working? Oh well, try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrvmjco47Uo
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

MaV

So, it's been some time since the calendar arrived, but I have to say: it looks great.

The boxes are larger than on the calendar I'm using for 2016 (bought from a Finnish group at the Revision party).
The numbers would be better placed in one of the corners. But as it is, I'll be writing my notes across them, no problem at all.

I'm looking forward to next year's calendar and hope you are satisfied with the sales to consider a batch for 2018, chinnyhill! :)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

chinnyhill10

Quote from: MaV on 20:53, 05 October 16
So, it's been some time since the calendar arrived, but I have to say: it looks great.

The boxes are larger than on the calendar I'm using for 2016 (bought from a Finnish group at the Revision party).
The numbers would be better placed in one of the corners. But as it is, I'll be writing my notes across them, no problem at all.

I'm looking forward to next year's calendar and hope you are satisfied with the sales to consider a batch for 2018, chinnyhill! :)

Cheers. I've taken on board all the feedback and if I do one for 2018 I'll ensure the numbers are placed to one side. Generally everyone seems pleased which is nice.

The calendar is now over 3/4 sold. I just need to get rid of the last ones really. So if anyone wants one, please give me a shout or order via the webpage. I paid for this all up from myself rather than crowdfunding, but I really do need to sell all the stock,

And I trust everyone has found the hidden CTM 644 footage on the DVD? Keep going down on the menu until the ChinnyVision logo activates.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube