News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Classic Replay

Started by ukmarkh, 01:45, 05 February 11

Previous topic - Next topic

ukmarkh

Hi chaps, I've recently managed to put my first ever Blog together... please help support it by registering as a follower or by subscription. I'll be constantly updating the blog on a regular basis, so please keep coming back.

If anyone would like to post an article or review, let me know?

I've just uloaded an article about the GX4000 with some never before seen screenshots of Chase HQ 2, and please check out my music podcast for classic games. Oh and don't forget to leave feedback or reviews for each article.

Thanks... and just click the below link to visit.

http://classicreplay.blogspot.com/

ssg

Good job! Especially liked the article "bloody games". I hadn't noticed that it was such a common trend back then.

Bryce

Great blog, I wasn't aware that white dog poop had gone out of fashion, was that really just an 80's thing? Who would have thought it.

Bryce.

norecess

Good luck with your blog !

What is pretty hard with blogs (in my opinion) is the direction we want to give it !

In my blog I first decided to talk about everything (alternative systems, my mood, CPC development...) and finally decided to stick uniquely on my CPC activities (productions and articles).

You know, there is always a time with blogs when you have to switch your mind - you progressively become your own slave of the blog (because first, you filled it with content you have in mind from a long time then it's done - you still want to produce content and this is going to be hard times for it because you know, you have to produce content otherwise you will lose people... this is the trap to avoid, of course).

That's why by switching my blog to "my CPC devlog" the content is easy and regularly updated - it's my real hobby and I know I will be still there in 3 months, 1 year or even 3 years from now.

Back to your blog ; I like its scope - we both share same interests. Keep up the good work, continue to discuss about retro-stuff (including retro-coding? :)), but be sure to STOP it when it becomes hard to find new content. It's OK to be OFF for 3 months..  8)

mr_lou

Isn't there any way of downloading that podcast without needing iTunes?

Gryzor

Ooh, nice for a Sunday morning :) Will be adding it to GReader's RSS set. :)

ukmarkh

mr_lou

Thanks.  :)

So now we have thurstan's podcasts, one man and his mic, and now Classic replay.  :)

ukmarkh

Quote from: mr_lou on 15:11, 07 February 11
Thanks.  :)

So now we have thurstan's podcasts, one man and his mic, and now Classic replay.  :)

Hopefully people will enjoy them, and once I get used to the software... I'll bring them out weekly.

I've had a mixture of good and bad feedback thus far... one chap reckoned i wasted 20mins of his life... that he'll never get back. Another guy reckoned it was great, and he listened to it in his car on the way to work.

mr_lou

Different feedback is unavoidable. Taste and preferences.
Sadly some people have this twisted idea that the only right taste, is their own, and sometimes their (lack of) intelligence, commands them to inform the world of this.

Personally I find anything CPC related great, but I'm very picky about other things, so I understand people who are picky about CPC related things too. The sane thing to do is to look for something else then. Honestly, don't waste a second of your time on morons who writes crap like that.

I have done a ton of podcasts in my time - before Apple decided they should now be called podcasts, and thus before the world acknowledged the existence of such a thing. I just called them tape-letters, and most of them were sent to 1 recipient only, while a few was sent to a group of people. Apart from that, there were no difference from today's podcasts. I told stories, played music (my own tracks, and some by other artists), made jokes and such.

If I should make a CPC related podcast today, I'd include some CPC stories from my childhood while original CPC tracks were playing in the background at low volume. That's the only thing I think your podcast could have benefited from; some stories. And maybe tell a bit more about the tracks, why did you select those tracks, what memories do they bring back when you listen to them, and so on.

But it really depends what mood people are in. I like your podcast-style too, which I'd call "easy-listening" because you're not saying a whole lot. I just have to be in the easy-listening mood, and not expect a bunch of stories before pressing play. If podcasts were somehow categorized in a manner like that, it would also be easier for the listeners to find the podcasts to match their mood. Maybe some kind of percentage of how much speech is included.
"0-20% speech" = easy-listening
"20-40% speech"  = some attention required
"40-80% speech" = much attention required
"80-100% speech" = full attention required (must be an audio book)

..or something like that.  :)

I've listened to your podcast twice now, and I find it good for easy-listening. I'm looking forward to your next. CPC podcasts are great for my bicycle-trips to work.

EDIT: Hey! This is my 500th post! Weee  ;D

Gryzor

Happy 500 mate :)

I usually listen to podcasts on my way back from work, too. So podcasts around the 30-min mark are the best :)

redbox

I enjoyed your blog and your podcast, so thank you.

Hope you make some more  :)

Ghost

Chase HQ 2... Allways unknow...

ukmarkh

Hi chaps, I wanted to post this in the 128k section but its been blocked  >:(

Anyway, I was sorting through a box of my old CPC games and found this... it's 128k only apparently, no idea why. But the strange thing is, I don't ever remember buying it, but after loading it up, it felt strangley familiar.

I have to say, It's really good, especially if you turn the lights off and play it on a 42" TV  ;D 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230596655212&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Gryzor

uh... a 1.99 tape that requires 128k? Doesn't make any sense...?

Xyphoe

Quote from: ukmarkh on 20:03, 13 March 11
Hi chaps, I wanted to post this in the 128k section but its been blocked  >:(

Anyway, I was sorting through a box of my old CPC games and found this... it's 128k only apparently, no idea why. But the strange thing is, I don't ever remember buying it, but after loading it up, it felt strangley familiar.

I have to say, It's really good, especially if you turn the lights off and play it on a 42" TV  ;D 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230596655212&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Is it not just a budget re-release of Tankbusters?
http://cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=375

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:09, 13 March 11

The sense is to sell it cheaper than on expensive 3" discs. A lot of 464s have 64K extra and a lot of 6128s have a tape extra. So why not.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

It's a tape still missing on CPC-Power. So perhaps you are willed to make a .WAV copy? ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 23:28, 14 March 11

The sense is to sell it cheaper than on expensive 3" discs. A lot of 464s have 64K extra and a lot of 6128s have a tape extra. So why not.

Target was probably the 6128s with tape, indeed. Didn't think of it... But I haven't seen another!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:56, 15 March 11
Target was probably the 6128s with tape, indeed. Didn't think of it... But I haven't seen another!

Me either!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Quote from: Xyphoe on 08:28, 14 March 11
Is it not just a budget re-release of Tankbusters?
http://cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=375

I had a look at Battle Tank Simulator from NVG which is interesting cause it appears to be Tank Busters with a couple of differences. The original Tank Busters game has the Coders "Simon Baretti?" credited - Battle Tank Simulator just has the "Design Design" Design Design Team or something. There is no option 5 on the opening screen in "Tank Busters" - Weird that Battle Tank Simulator has it!  ???
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ukmarkh

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 23:40, 14 March 11
It's a tape still missing on CPC-Power. So perhaps you are willed to make a .WAV copy? ;)

I'm not sure how I'd do this, but I will put it to the winner of the auction. These days I only have a 464 Plus and a 6128 Plus.

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:09, 13 March 11

The version of this game on NVG is a crack by Nul Part System, who, much to my annoyance, seemed almost incapable of cracking games and making them run in 64K of memory. >:( I am certain that an original version of the game will run in 64K of memory - and yes, it is a re-release of Tank Busters. (Strangely, Zeppelin weren't the only company to do this - Firebird also re-released it!) ???

Gryzor

Oooh, scene wars! :D

Anyhow, ukmarkh *is* talking about the original (since he mentioned not remember buying it) (I guess), or you were talking about the original *release*?