News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Colour Personal Computing Fanzine - Issue 2 Kickstarter launched

Started by Skunkfish, 15:50, 15 February 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Skunkfish

Hello All,

As mentioned, I've gone back to Kickstarter for the second issue of Colour Personal Computing.

The campaign is now live at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/803660556/colour-personal-computing-issue-2

This time the fanzine is in full colour and you can look forward to content such as:

• A feature on cart conversions for the GX4000 with C4CPC
  • An in-depth look at the M4 board expansion
  • An exclusive preview article from the forthcoming 8-bit Memoirs (thanks Mr_Lou!)
  • Part two of our floppy emulation feature - adding an LCD display and buzzer to the GoTek
  • A look at new website Everygamegoing
  • Reviews of the latest CPC games including Magica, Imperial Mahjong, Adios a la casta and more!
  • Part two of our exciting action/drama serial, The (Alex) Van Damm Chronicles.
It should be a 40 page extravaganza of CPC related content.

Thanks again for your support!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

mr_lou

Backed!
I'm going for that collectors edition; colour version of issue 1.  :)

||C|-|E||

I also backed it and went for the color version of issue one!  ;D

reidrac

Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

seanb

I'm in. I want that colour copy of issue one.

Edit: I was the last one for that reward. Just in time.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

||C|-|E||

And the project has been successful already!  :D

Skunkfish

Thanks for your support everyone - the project hit its Kickstarter target in under 12 hours, I certainly wasn't expecting that!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Morri

Oh I'm gutted, I missed out on the colour version of issue 1.  :doh: :picard2:

Oh well, I have backed the 4 issue sub instead.  8)
But please do let me know if you reprint more issue 1s in colour.  ;)
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

AMSDOS

Quote from: Morri on 00:40, 21 February 17
Oh I'm gutted, I missed out on the colour version of issue 1.  :doh: :picard2:

Well that would make it the "B&W Personal Computing Teaser" wouldn't it?  :laugh:
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Skunkfish

We're now into the final 10 days of the Kickstarter!

Numbers are looking a little down on issue 1 in terms of copies, but there's still some time left :)

Thanks for your support!

Link to Kickstarter campaign

[attachimg=1]

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 14:45, 07 March 17Numbers are looking a little down on issue 1 in terms of copies, but there's still some time left :)

What do you mean by this? That fewer people has bought issue 2 compared to issue 1?

Skunkfish

Yes exactly, perhaps it's not to everyone's taste?  :laugh:

Lots of subscriptions though, so the long-term prospects are looking good.

For issue 2:
32 copies sold through Kickstarter (vs. 55 for issue 1)
13 copies sold through the website (approx) (vs. around 15 for issue 1)

The numbers are no problem for printing the fanzine, but it's nice to reach as many people as possible :)

simondo

Skunkfish

keith56

Backed! Look forward to seeing the magazine!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Skunkfish

We're now approaching the final 24 hours of the Kickstarter campaign for issue 2.

There's still time to bag yourself a copy at  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/803660556/colour-personal-computing-issue-2

For our feature on converting games to run on the GX4000 (via a C4CPC) I've been busy working on a .CPR version of Potsworth & Co which I'll post here once it's working 100%. I think I'm half-way to learning the fundamentals of Z80 Assembler from looking into this which is a bit of a bonus!

I've been working on a couple of 'improvements' to the original where possible....

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

keith56

Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Skunkfish

Just an update on Issue 2...

We've snagged a bit of an exclusive on an unreleased CPC game from almost 30 years ago, whose identity will remain a secret until the fanzine is published. We'll have a small feature on it, some words from the developer and a review inside the fanzine. Oh, and we'll let you know where to download it :)

If you missed the Kickstarter then you can still order your copy of issue 2 (in full colour!) from http://www.cpcfanzine.com/ :)

EDIT: I wrote 20 years originally, I meant 30!

Gryzor

Ooh an exclusive!

Well done, looking forward to getting it :)

seanb

My colour copy of issue one has arrived and it looks fantastic.
Such an improvement.
The print quality is great and everything just stands out more.
It certainly helps with screenshots.
The Amstrad is known for its bright colours and the 27 of them look great especially for the Dooms Day review.

I am more than happy to pay extra for future issues to be in colour.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Skunkfish

Thanks Sean, really glad that you liked it! It was quickly produced as a proof of concept to see if colour printing was feasible for future issues; the only real changes made were to adjust all photos and screenshots as they'd been tinkered with to print as well as possible in black and white.

Issue 2 onwards will make much better use of colour, and hopefully have more of the feel of a proper magazine.

Oh, and regarding issue 2, unsurprisingly (if you remember the wait for issue 1) it is running a little bit late. We've made a sudden decision to put our house on the market and move halfway up the country, so my personal life has been incredibly hectic and both my PC and CPC have been boxed up for the past week while we've had painters and decorators and cleaners in to make our current place as sale-worthy as possible.

I finally managed to put some decent time into the fanzine yesterday, and it's not a million miles from being finished. The majority of the articles are written, but some still need setting out and then it will need a good proof read.

Hopefully not too much longer....

mr_lou

I got Issue 1 in colour by mail a few days ago.
Wasn't Issue 2 supposed to be in the same envelope?

Skunkfish

Issue 2 will be mailed separately, for some reason it's actually cheaper to post them that way (at least to outside the UK)...

Also, issue 2 is still being finished off so didn't want to make people wait for their issue 1 colour edition as well.

Lazy Dude

Skunkfish

I don't want to make any promises, today is the first time in weeks that I've been able to sit down and spend some time on it.

It is nearly done, it's just finding the (any!) time at the moment. It will come out, and there will be further issues :)