News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Colour Personal Computing Fanzine - Issue 2 Kickstarter launched

Started by Skunkfish, 15:50, 15 February 17

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

CPCOxygen

If James need help completing Issue 2, I am willing to help. I'm sure many others here would too. I know all too well how time can be in short supply when projects need to be finished. Issue 1 was great, and we certainly need a dedicated CPC fanzine.

PM me James, if you want me to submit something. I'm getting my own project proofread, so I have some free time.

Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

Skunkfish

Posted this update on the Kickstarter campaign page but will also post here for those curious as to the current status of the second issue:

QuoteHello All,
I know that you are all wondering why issue 2 hasn't yet imposed itself upon your doormat so I just wanted to let you know that it is still being worked on and will be finished in the hopefully-not-too-distant future.
The last 3 months have been ridiculous in my personal life; new house, new job and unfortunately my father has been in and out of hospital recently. And then to top it all off, bereavement following the loss of a dear friend a couple of weeks ago.
With everything happening I just haven't had the time to dedicate to the fanzine, but I'm determined to find the time over the next month or two to finally get issue 2 out of the door (and through yours). Writing it is something that I enjoy with a passion, and unfortunately I've just not been able to indulge in any of those in recent times.
Thank you for sticking with me during this time and not losing faith that the fanzine will come out. I'm sorry that I've been so crap at communication and letting you know the current status of the fanzine, I will endeavor to communicate more frequently as you all deserve to know what's going on.
Keep CPC-ing,
James.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

mr_lou

I can relate.
I think most of us can.
My own project has also been delayed quite a bit due to multiple annoying unplanned happenings.
It'll be done when it's done. As long as nothing happens that completely kills the project, then we're happy.  :)

Skunkfish

So, I bring some news on Issue 2 of Colour Personal Computing....

IT'S DONE!

(apart from a final round of proof-reading)

I'll be scouring every page with a toothcomb over the next few days and then it will be off to the printers by the end of this week, so hopefully in your hands towards the end of the month.

If you backed via Kickstarter then you'll receive an update with details of updating your address details if required.

If you ordered your copy directly and need to update your address then please message me here or drop me an e-mail to let me know.

Work on issue 3 is already underway (actually, a lot of the groundwork, interviews, screenshots etc. have been completed for a while). If I do use Kickstarter for Issue 3, I won't be making the mistake of launching the campaign too early again as I know it's not been fair to keep the backers waiting all this time. It will be launched when the fanzine is in the final stages, so that I can ship shortly after the campaign finishes.

Thanks again for all of your support and I hope you enjoy the second issue.

P.S. If you missed the Kickstarter campaign, you can order a copy directly from www.cpcfanzine.com - it has 40 A5 pages in full-colour.

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

mr_lou

"proof-reading" eh?
Yea... I remember those.
I had a lot of "final" proof readings for 8-bit Memoirs too..   ;)

Looking forward to receiving issue #2!!!

Skunkfish

Quote from: mr_lou on 10:57, 16 January 18
"proof-reading" eh?

Yep, some of the content was written quite a while ago - I'm hoping I won't come across too many pages of 'lorem ipsum'!  ;D

mr_lou

If, when you say "final", it actually is final.... then my hat off to you sir.

I can't count the number of times I thought it was the final proof-reading....

CPCOxygen

Looking forward to it, Issue 1 was a good read and I'm sure Issue 2 will be even better.  :)

Goodluck on Issue 3 too,  :)

John
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

Vyper68

Ordered Issue 2 through the Website - looking forward to reading that.  :D
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Skunkfish

mr_lou

Skunkfish

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:41, 16 January 18
That's great. But why not the colour-version?

I promised the backers on Kickstarter that the colour edition of Issue 1 was 'Limited Edition' - so I'm staying true to my word  ;D

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 13:45, 16 January 18
I promised the backers on Kickstarter that the colour edition of Issue 1 was 'Limited Edition' - so I'm staying true to my word  ;D

I see. Don't remember that myself.
Can't imagine anyone would mind though, but I get it.

Skunkfish

Quote from: mr_lou on 11:32, 16 January 18
If, when you say "final", it actually is final.... then my hat off to you sir.

I can't count the number of times I thought it was the final proof-reading....

I probably cursed myself a bit in saying that as I found myself unhappy with one of the articles, rewrote significant portions of it and am now desperately trying to squeeze it back into the available page space without having to remove important images!

I have one hour to work on it now, hopefully I can get it how I want!

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:48, 18 January 18
I probably cursed myself a bit in saying that as I found myself unhappy with one of the articles, rewrote significant portions of it

Oh I can relate!!!  :)
That's the story of almost every single text in 8-bit Memoirs.
Wait a week or two. Read again. Change a lot. Repeat.
It took forever before the amount of stuff I wanted to change every time was down to an acceptable size...

Skunkfish

Courier turned up with a box of fanzines this morning....

Which means I can start sending them out today! (finally!)

mr_lou

Gryzor

Vyper68

Got mine today  ;D

Zoot alors i shall be reading this toot suite.  :laugh:

mr_lou

Got mine just now too! \o/  :)

Looks awesome!

The back advertisement for 8-bit Memoirs should have said "Out now" instead of "Coming soon" though. Neither of us thought about that...hehe.

Skunkfish

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:33, 06 February 18The back advertisement for 8-bit Memoirs should have said "Out now" instead of "Coming soon" though. Neither of us thought about that...hehe.

Very true...  :picard:

Skunkfish

Good to hear that people are receiving them. If anyone hasn't received their copy by the end of this week (UK) or the end of next week (elsewhere) then please do drop me a message!

Oh, and if anyone hasn't ordered a copy yet, there's still plenty available from http://www.cpcfanzine.com  ;D

Vyper68

This should be sold out given how many people come on this site, there are not many, if any CPC printed magazine/fanzines out there, that i am aware of being based in Blighty.

Please, people really need to support these projects if they can.

BTW I had not heard of half of the European ( Spanish ) titles in there, sometimes you can forget that CPC went further afield.

adolfo.pa

Amazing work. I just ordered mine :-)

@Skunkfish any chance of Issue 1 being available again in the future? I would love to get it too.