News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Contest: Icons

Started by TFM, 04:22, 09 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Hi there,

I would like to ask you to participate on the following contest: Draw new Icons for FutureOS.
It's quite easy to do. Use Screen Mode 2. The Icons are 22 pixel in hight (Y). And in X they are 48 pixel broad.
Feel free to draw them like you ever wanted to see them :oD

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

What functions should they depict?

Bryce.

SyX

Yes, how Bryce said, give a few rules and i'm sure that the artists will be glad to participate :)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 08:40, 09 September 11
What functions should they depict?

Bryce.
Well, actually all you see on the Desktop. But if you like you can focus on some groups, for example icons of drives A-D, or all drive icons.
It would be great to see different "styles" of whole icon sets.

Using a small app. it would be possible to exchange the complete icon set, so you really can personalize it for you.

And if you don't like icons, then you still can create a backgound pic (Mode 2, 64 * 32 characters).

Quote from: SyX on 09:45, 09 September 11
Yes, how Bryce said, give a few rules and i'm sure that the artists will be glad to participate :)
Maybe less rules are better here. However the Icon size is fixed: 48 * 22 pixel (Mode 2). This is roughly a square.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Wasn't there some application with the Amstrad Mouse to design icons ?

Also were can we found the list of icons-functions available in FuturOS ?

Bryce

There's a screenshot of FutureOS that shows all the icons here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:Future-os.jpg

Bryce.

Gryzor

Good move. I hope it produces some good sets!

But, if it's a contest, what about the prize? ;)

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:18, 10 September 11
Wasn't there some application with the Amstrad Mouse to design icons ?
Maybe, I always use good old OCP art studio, but I'm not good in painting.

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:18, 10 September 11
Also were can we found the list of icons-functions available in FuturOS ?
Oh, just take a look in the handbook at futureos.de
There is also a short version of the handbook, mostly declaring the function of the icons.
TFM of FutureSoft