News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Electronics and water... A bad combination.

Started by Bryce, 08:55, 30 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

1024MAK

Yeah but, yeah but, at least you can boast that your floor is anti static  :laugh:

I glad to say, I have never experienced flooding in my home. But have seen rain water start to invade the garage (oh what a nice job it is to try to unblock a outside rain water drain that is clogged up with rotten leaves and other muck while you get soaked by the heavy rain... >:() and had a large wet patch / puddle due to a water pipe. Only very minor damage to cardboard boxes, but not to the items stored inside.

So I hope that they have fixed the problem and you get back to normal soon.

Mark

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Bryce

Actually, the anti-static carpet in my electronics room is the only thing that could have got irrepairably damaged. Luckily I was able to stop the water before it got that far.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 14:36, 09 June 16
Actually, the anti-static carpet in my electronics room is the only thing that could have got irrepairably damaged. Luckily I was able to stop the water before it got that far.

How come?

Quote from: 1024MAK on 14:13, 09 June 16
I glad to say, I have never experienced flooding in my home. But have seen rain water start to invade the garage (oh what a nice job it is to try to unblock a outside rain water drain that is clogged up with rotten leaves and other muck while you get soaked by the heavy rain... >:() and had a large wet patch / puddle due to a water pipe. Only very minor damage to cardboard boxes, but not to the items stored inside.

Trying to change a flat tire in torrential rain at the side of an overpass, with buses passing a meter from you and soaking you even more. That was fun.

Bryce

Because it would have to be completely removed to clean it and get the gunk out from under it. By the time you've removed it (it's glued down) it would be destroyed anyway. I've had to do this once already, don't want to have to do that again.

I also spent a few hours in torrential rain (unsuccessfully) trying to unblock a drain to deflect the flood. Luckily I only had a pair of short trousers on at the time (it was quite hot that day), but my beer bottle fell over while I was doing this, so I had to abandon the attempts to get a new beer :)

Bryce.

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

[/url]

Bryce.

[EDIT: Not you, too, Brytus!]