News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPCRetroDev 2017: Awards Giving Ceremony Live

Started by ronaldo, 22:11, 09 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldo

Don't miss this year's Awards Giving Ceremony:

• Date: Friday, 10th of November 2017.
  • Time: 18:30h (CET, GMT+1, Spain/Madrid)
  • Format: Eurovision-style voting, with 13 jury members.
  • Live Streaming:
    http://vertice.cpd.ua.es/politecnica
We hope you enjoy it much, and many people gets motivated by it to continue creating such a great games :D

Who will win each price? Want to call your bet? ;)

Ygdrazil

Hi There!

Great show!

Realy enjoyed watching it a lot :-) Finally time worthwhile spend in front of the telly a friday evening! (My girlfriend was not impressed me taking over the telly  :P ) There was something 80's about the whole event that made it even more authentic retro... splendid! Even though most of the show was in spanish (My french is very rusty, spanish even worse)...

Have to brush of my spanish paleur till next year... Keep up your great work..

Hope this show will gone online on youtube or something..

Regards,
Ygdrazil

Quote from: ronaldo on 22:11, 09 November 17
Don't miss this year's Awards Giving Ceremony:

• Date: Friday, 10th of November 2017.
  • Time: 18:30h (CET, GMT+1, Spain/Madrid)
  • Format: Eurovision-style voting, with 13 jury members.
  • Live Streaming:
    http://vertice.cpd.ua.es/politecnica
We hope you enjoy it much, and many people gets motivated by it to continue creating such a great games :D

Who will win each price? Want to call your bet? ;)

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Arnaud

Great Awards Giving Ceremony,
i really like how the ceremony went, there was a really suspense, at least from the 3th (mainly for the 5th  ;) ).

Quote from: Ygdrazil on 08:49, 11 November 17Have to brush of my spanish paleur till next year... Keep up your great work..
Hope this show will gone online on youtube or something..
Mee to !

@ronaldo Just by curiousity do you know how many people were watching the live ?

I have also  a little proposal for next CPCRetrodev, it could be nice to show quickly at the begining, one or two picture of each games in competition, in order to remember what they look like.

TomEtJerry

I have seen last part of the show ! Even if my spanish is really rusted, it was fun to watch this ceremony.
Streaming was surprisingly good (nice quality and no disconnection).

Time to test the games now :-).

ronaldo

Quote from: Ygdrazil on 08:49, 11 November 17
Even though most of the show was in spanish (My french is very rusty, spanish even worse)...

Have to brush of my spanish paleur till next year... Keep up your great work..
It's wonderful to see that you enjoyed the show. I was hoping for the show to be an encouraging event for the community. Wanted to make everyone feel that we are actually a great comunity with the ability to produce entertaining games, shows and events. I believe that we have great power to improve, innovate and enjoy.

Didn't expected international audience to feel that most of the show was in spanish. Actually, the main language was english: all my script as presenter was fully in english, except 2 paragraphs that were specifically addressing my students. I switched to spanish when talking to participants/jury members that didn't feel comfortable in english. Don't know if we can find a way to improve this in the future.

ronaldo

Quote from: Arnaud on 07:23, 12 November 17
@ronaldo Just by curiousity do you know how many people were watching the live ?
I have also  a little proposal for next CPCRetrodev, it could be nice to show quickly at the begining, one or two picture of each games in competition, in order to remember what they look like.
I'm waiting for the official stats. My colleagues at the streaming department will probably send me them on monday or tuesday. I guess that a lot of people was following the streaming, because I have received more than 1500 notifications on my phone during latest 36h. It seems to have been interesting for the community :).

We considered many times showing games in several different formats. I considered a pre-show 2 hours before with people showing live gameplays. We also considered a 10-minutes video with all the games (20 sec each). Finally, we had to discard all the options because of the 1001 technical problems we had during the week to set up the show and the streaming. Almost everything seemed to be failing on tuesday, which was our official day for connection tests. We had to arrange 2 more technical sessions before the show, and that drained out our time for other preparations. Thank god that everything when smooth finally on friday: there still were some things untested that worked flawlessly.

Hope next year we can do it better and improve this show format. It seems to be having nice feedback :).

tjohnson

Is there a link to replay the live streaming event?

ronaldo

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:47, 12 November 17
Is there a link to replay the live streaming event?
Not at the moment. It will probably be processed by the streaming department monday to tuesday. Then, we will upload it to ByteRealms Youtube channel.

I will post a link when it is ready :)

ronaldo

And there you go. The complete video of the #CPCRetroDev Awards Giving Ceremony

https://youtu.be/P3_MqenWE3s

Hope you enjoy it :).