Author Topic: #CPCRetroDev 2017 Game Trailers (29 games presented)  (Read 2285 times)

Offline ronaldo

• Dev
  • 6128 Plus
    • Fremos Blog
  • Liked: 696
As all you know, games presented to #CPCRetroDev are right now under evaluation by the jury.

Awards giving ceremony will be held on next friday, 10th of november, around ~19:00h (CEST time) and will have live streaming.

In the meantime, you may have a look at recently published trailers of the 29 games presented.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 18:08, 01 November 17 by ronaldo »

Offline EgoTrip

• 6128 Plus
    • http://egochip.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Liked: 613
Re: #CPCRetroDev 2017 Game Trailers (29 games presented)
« Reply #1 on: 18:43, 01 November 17 »
Going by the videos, I think it's obvious who the winner is this year and it's deserved.
EgoTrip's Stuff

Offline ronaldo

• Dev
  • 6128 Plus
    • Fremos Blog
  • Liked: 696
« Reply #2 on: 19:37, 01 November 17 »
It's not that obvious to me. Attending to the rules and how the different aspects of the games are going to be evaluated, it's difficult to foresee a winner.

There are several games that will be narrowly contending :).

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 427
« Reply #3 on: 20:46, 01 November 17 »

I shouldn't have looked at the teasers, but I couldn't resist :).

I think the quality is very good, about half the games have original music and almost all of them seem playable, contrary to the previous year where a lot, lot, lot, were buggy. I see four games that are the main challengers, I was impressed especially impressed by two of them. Well done!

Offline Neil79

• 6128 Plus
    • INDIERETRONEWS
  • Liked: 426
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Offline jesusdelmas

• CPC464
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #5 on: 00:00, 02 November 17 »
I have seen the trailers and its clear that this year is better than all the other 4 years. 4 or 5 games look very profesional and at least another 10 or even 15 look like proper games. I remember last year only there were 10 proper games and 3 or 4 "profesional" with many demos or terrible unfinished games so... im very happy! This contest is getting better and more famous every year so i wish it keeps going up and ap!
« Last Edit: 00:02, 02 November 17 by jesusdelmas »

Offline tjohnson

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #6 on: 00:10, 02 November 17 »
A great selection of games, a couple look very very polished affairs.  Great effort from everyone who has submitted.

Offline ervin

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 720
« Reply #7 on: 00:17, 02 November 17 »
Wow, this year's entries seem to be collectively of a higher quality!
Really looking forward to playing them.

"Cris, odd prelude" looks very polished indeed. It has a "Limbo" and perhaps "Another World" vibe to it.
Profanation 2 looks absolutely outstanding too.
Baba's Palace looks excellent, as does Bitume.
My entry for the CPCRetroDev 2017 Competition http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/my-cpcretrodev-2017-entry/
FAST line drawing in CPCtelera http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/drawing-lines-with-cpctelera-sdcc/
RUNCPC My entry for the CPCRetroDev 2015 Competition http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=66566

Offline tjohnson

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #8 on: 00:21, 02 November 17 »
Basket cases really reminds me of Hypersports, play that game a lot when on holiday in Devon as a kid, this game looks really good.

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 513
« Reply #9 on: 01:14, 02 November 17 »
"Cris, odd prelude" looks very polished indeed. It has a "Limbo" and perhaps "Another World" vibe to it.

Yes! i think the same when i saw the game!!

What kind of amazing game is this???? What is the group that is making this game and why we didn't know nothing???

i'm really astonished with this game, i want this game, and i want 1000 levels of this amazing gameplay on my CPC!!