News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sardina Forever Published!!!! :)

Started by SyX, 18:15, 07 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

SyX

Sardina Forever, the first of the new CPC games showed in Retro Madrid is already available, click here!!!  ;D

The original developer, Javier, rewrite the history and bring us how the game should have been.

Include a lovely loading screen by David (6128) and a great music by McKlain.

We hope you enjoy it!!!  :D :D :D

TFM

Hmm. What's the target? Can you defend the girl?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

The goal is reach the TV Studio to give a concert, but the fans, the anti-fans and transport strike are not going to make it easy.

Of course, that you can defend at Sabrina, she knows how to beat the people, there is 3 kind of hits, the game is a boob'em'up  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 19:21, 07 May 12
Of course, that you can defend at Sabrina, she knows how to beat the people, there is 3 kind of hits, the game is a boob'em'up  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Which keys are used?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

B and O only ? BOOB !!! (without doubt, QAOP... XD)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SyX

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:56, 07 May 12
Which keys are used?
Q, A, O, P for move Sardina and 1, 2, 3 for beat the people :P

TFM

Thanks! Cursor keys work fine too.
TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Wow...
Cool Sabrina-Hack without the known bugs!!!
Great thing! ;)

Sabrina?!?!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Hahaha! This sounds very funny, and it really looks retro...

MacDeath

Yeah, from what I saw, there are still a few thing neeeding to be fixed... and help from a Graphic artist could help.

But those would be minor edits, the "Sardina" sprite is no more in inverted B&W, but now those are the background which are in inverted colours/negative... ???

The rasters could really be exploited to a good effect... the potential is here, and the graphics are now coded in "CPC" 2bpp (I guess...yes they seem to be in proper 2bpp)... just need a slight "repaint" job.

Would it be possible to have a tileset and sprite sheet  that could be edited then re-inserted into the game ?
So the game would be perfect at last.

Why are the rasters in CPC sized screen while the tiles/game is still in Speccy sized screen ?

MacDeath

could you give me a proper tiles/sprite sheet/frame so I can rework them and then you could re-insert them in the game in place of the existing ones ?

They are easy to find with winape's "find graphics" options, but they comes in many sizes and are in a certain order so it would be better if a coder could give this in a proper setting/display so it would be easier to put again in the game.

SyX

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 15:54, 09 May 12
I made this:
Sure, but you didn't make the most important think:
1) Ask the author for permission to make public these modifications.

You can think that you don't like the aspect, well everybody is free of having his own opinion. But the game has 2 days, not 20 years and for me this is the worst lack of respect that i have seen ever.

Devilmarkus

Hummm well I dont wanted to be respect-less...
I like your work much.
I now have to run, but later, when I turn back, I'll remove all my modifications...
Edit: removed my last postings...

Sorry, this was not my wish to piss you off.... :(

MacDeath

Ok, so...

ink0 is used to get a mask for the sprites, and is also the raster colour.

ink1 is pink (used for skin and because it's girly.
ink2 is white, because spanish have a fetish for houses painted in white. ;D
ink3 is grey, which is bad and should have been black instead.

the "HUD" (score zone) seems to have a completely different set of inks, with pastel magenta, yellow, black and grey, while the 3 "game window" raster zones seems to only change one ink (ink0) at a time.

durng the menu (out of game) inks are different too.
there is a light green or a dark red used, but it doesn't change a lot of things (because it is not in game)..

the 3 raster zones are from up to down : pastel blue, medium blue, dark blue... which is quite usable actually.

As I told, the tileset (backgrounds) would need to be inverted again... but those tiles come in many different sizes so a proper complete sheet would be great.

@syx : oops sorry, good old hacking and Graphics mockups reflexes...

SyX

Markus, Sardina is not my work, i only have put myself in the author's mind and give my opinion, for me, the game is too recent.

And we know how everybody loves these threads were the games are "overhauled", but if you want to continue and make publish these hacks, then you should ask permission to the author first, i'm going to send you his email by private.

Devilmarkus

Yep for sure ;)

I'll contact the author asap.
(I also mailed you...)

Devilmarkus

Got response...
So stay tuned a while and see a result soon  8)

MiguelSky

MacDeath

boing boing boing... ;D

Otsuka Ai Pon Pon
pon pon pon pon pon....

Gryzor

I like where this is going.

(btw, Boys^3 was probably the sluttiest song/vid ever at the time...)

MacDeath

first nipple slip at 0:45 in the clip... :o

Gryzor

pretty famous, she doesn't seem to care anyway :D