News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Flame wars, 2015

Started by TFM, 16:57, 14 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 19:16, 14 December 14
... I am totally happy, that it is working with BDos.

The great thing here is that for the first time the CPC has a mass storage solution compatible with the native OS and an established file system. Proprietary solutions become totally obsolete. That's wonderful!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Pentagon

QuoteProprietary solutions become totally obsolete. That's wonderful!

Hello,
yes i agree with you, but i still have lot's of BDOS Files, so it is possible to switch between ACMEDOS and BDOS and thats really a good thing. I am very excited on checking out the new DOS too.

And the best is, that you don't need Floppydics anymore. DSK can be mounted with HxC and Onefiler, *.SNA Files etc. just can use ACME or BDOS. So FutureOS is totally obsolete too and nobody need it anymore.
Thats wonderful!

Welcome in 2015 without Floppy Discs  ;) ;) ;)

You never used BDOS, but even if it is a proprietary format solution, it is / was a good solution. And it was the first who let you use a Harddisc in usual Basic. I used it, without any fail or problem since 8 years now. But the future is ours (haha) welcome ACMEDOS and a FAT Format. I am really thankful for that genius new solution.

Peace
Tom

Joseman

I have to be agree with TFM on this, I think that when he talks about "propietary solutions" is not only about BDOS but other piece of hardware that was made some years ago ;)

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 14:53, 16 January 15
So FutureOS is totally obsolete too and nobody need it anymore.
Thats wonderful!

Wonderful would be if you stop trolling here! This is not the place to talk shit. We don't need trolls here around. I hope you got this!  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Pentagon

I am not a troll, just kidding and you know that.

Keep smiling  ;D

Grüße
Tom

TFM

Well, some here know about your war against FutureOS, anybody else can read:
Achtung: Hier kein FutureOS Support - bitte lesen. - CPC - Forum64

Stop thinking people are dumb and believe your lies! They won't. Your war is not welcome here, this is a friendly forum.

And now please back to the topic, the great X-MASS.
TFM of FutureSoft

Pentagon

Calm down mate, i was just kidding. And i am a friendly person too. The "no support" for FOS in F64 was an direct order from the admin. I am not longer Moderator there and believe me, i am peaceful. But maybe you dont understand a joke.

And please don't give me any advices here, cause i never did wars in CPC Wiki forum. I always was a very loyal and interested member here. If you dont understand a silly joke then i am sorry. It was you who replied to my post and talked about "obosolete propietary OS Systems" and you meant BDOS. I am okay with that, cause you are right as i answered you. But in that case you have to be fair and also eat that usual Floppy Discs, especiall 3,5" Discs are obsolete too. (Lost Data at 70% of my 3,5 Discs and 40% of my 3" discs died too). I was just wondering that good old 5 1/4" Disc still working without any fail.
But most of us using a SD-HxC and no more Discs. Thats why i teased you with that silly joke.

The X-Mass is a good expansion and full compatible to the CPC-IDE. I checked that and everything works fine.

So please, there is no war from my side, sometimes i am ironic but never personal or bad.

Und jetzt beruhig dich, es war ein Witz mensch.
Gruß
Tom

Prodatron

Quote from: Pentagon on 19:16, 14 December 14I am totally happy, that it is working with BDos.

Quote from: TFM on 16:57, 14 January 15Proprietary solutions become totally obsolete. That's wonderful!

Quote from: Pentagon on 14:53, 16 January 15you don't need Floppydics anymore. [...] So FutureOS is totally obsolete too and nobody need it anymore. Thats wonderful! Welcome in 2015 without Floppy Discs

Quote from: TFM on 17:03, 16 January 15Wonderful would be if you stop trolling here!

:o :o
I think it's very clear and obvious, who started trolling here.
Brüggy was able to support the new IDE standard about 10 years ago directly in Amsdos. It wasn't FAT but a lot of users were quite happy with this solution, as it was fully working and available! To say "[bdos] becomes totally obsolete that's wonderful" is the most miserable thing someone could say about this awesome work! It's just a very bad behaviour. Especially when it comes from a person who always showed off with upcoming IDE support "very soon" in these times and nothing happend until today.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

You guys should become lawyers, really!  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 22:03, 16 January 15
Especially when it comes from a person who always showed off with upcoming IDE support "very soon" in these times and nothing happend until today.

Haha! Where is the promised network for CPC?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

Prodatron

Quote from: TFM on 23:04, 16 January 15Haha! Where is the promised network for CPC?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The software was already finished in 2007. There is still no hardware available but it seems, that in 2015 we will have 1 or 2 solutions.
Oh, and could you please tell me what is so funny about this?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

robcfg

Please guys, all of you do awesome stuff, and besides that, this conversation is going offtopic.

8)

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:22, 16 January 15
The software was already finished in 2007. There is still no hardware available but it seems, that in 2015 we will have 1 or 2 solutions.
Oh, and could you please tell me what is so funny about this?

Yes, I can... in 2020. When somebody else will release a solution for CPC. Sorry, but bitching at my IDE ROM and not being able to deliver by yourself - that's very funny!

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

You guys all need to calm down. Smoke a joint, drink a beer or whatever, but stop taking this all so seriously.

Bryce.

TFM

Ok, I take the beer ;-) The others can take what's left  :P
Signing off for the weekend, time for good times now. Enjoy the Friday!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Thread split.

[attachimg=1]

McKlain

Oh boy, CPC Scene at it's best.  ;D

Gryzor

Yeah, I'm in a good mood tonight.

TFM

Happy Friday!  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

And not a single french was involved in this... er, really ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9jXnZS3ouU#t=93

Bryce

Can we have a Yawn / Bored / "couldn't care less" Emoticon please? I badly need one here.

Bryce.

@MacDeath: Criminal Minds with Ice T on the TV in the background here, what a contrast :D

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:32, 23 January 15
Can we have a Yawn / Bored / "couldn't care less" Emoticon please? I badly need one here.

Sure, here... just copy and paste it... :blank:
TFM of FutureSoft