News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Genesis8 - a music remake of Vindicator by Noisywan

Started by NewsBot, 04:00, 27 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

steve

This sounds really good, is it just the sound chip, or does it use digitised samples and maybe a drum machine?

Gryzor

I would think it's a PC remake?

...I love it. Vindicator was one of my favorite games, and the tune was really atmospheric - very gloomy and depressing, but with a tempo of urgency... Wish I could download a high-quality mp3!

steve

Anything running on an emulator is worthless as a demonstration of the CPC/Plus machine's capabilities.

If this were done by an individual or company for commercial gain it would be called false advertising and be illegal in Britain.

Gryzor

Quote from: steve on 17:06, 27 August 10
Anything running on an emulator is worthless as a demonstration of the CPC/Plus machine's capabilities.

If this were done by an individual or company for commercial gain it would be called false advertising and be illegal in Britain.

What??

Gryzor

Someone makes a remix of a CPC tune on their PC, using some of the original samples. And, for some reason, you go off about emulation (???) and the CPC's abilities (??!), throwing in some law stuff as well. I just don't get the connection :D

steve

It is misleading, it is lying, it is dishonest, a real CPC could not sound like that but this makes people think it could, it is like those adverts for PC games where at the bottom of the screen they put "not actual game footage" meaning when you run the game on you PC you will be disappointed because it does not look like it did on TV but the software company does not care because they've got your money and that's all they wanted.

Gryzor

Now, really, what bee got to you?

This is a REMIX. Nobody said it is ORIGINAL. Welcome to the world of chiptune remixes, there are literally thousands of them out there and nobody confuses them with the original. And noone goes out to buy the game based on this remix :D This came out NOW, not 25 years ago.

Remix. You know? Like playing Bach on your electric guitar. Nobody actually thinks Bach was rocking with his amp set to 11.

steve

I've got no problem with people making music for the PC, just don't pretend it is CPC music, if anything the PC is capable of producing much better music and would be more impressive and of course, on a PC site.

And you are wrong, people are buying CPC's now, they may never have had one before and this would mislead them.

Gryzor

Oh man... again: NOBODY pretends this is CPC music. And, yes, the PC is capable of 'much better music' (I guess by that you mean realistic-sounding instruments), and so what? I mean, you're making no sense at all! Have you never heard of a chiptune remix before???

What's more, this is a remix of a CPC tune, so it's of interest to this site by default - and much more so than a PC site because, once more, THIS IS A REMIX OF A CPC TUNE.

Really, man, I can't understand what got you so pissed off and how you're taking things so wrongly.

steve

And I don't understand why you are getting so angry about what is simply my personal opinion.

Gryzor

Angry? I'm not angry, I'm actually chuckling while typing this. It's just that I find your opinion to be impossibly strong, for so wrong reasons, and on so irrelevant a matter...

steve

I see that we two are the only posters in this thread so clearly no-one else cares either way.

Gryzor

steve

When you start writing words in capitals you are angry.

Gryzor

steve

steve

Gryzor

Suit yourself, I'm not the one going bonkers over a free remix :D

steve

If you read the thread again you will notice that it was you who went bonkers not me, and I still don't know why.

TFM

Maybe you're guilty - in principle  :P  Hehe, guy's is was a pleasure for me to read your talk here. I like that pitchblack humor  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

Dear Mr Sugar,

I have recently purchased an Amstrad CPC as I believed that it had a really good sound chip based on some music I had heard via a communications network known as the 'internet'.

I have subsequently found it the sound chip is a pile of sh*t and want my money back from you or the second hand 'dealer' I bought it through on eBay.  I want to buy a C64 instead.

You have 28 days to comply or I'll report you to Trading Standards and will write a very strong letter to the Daily Mail.

Yours faithfully,
redbox.

(sorry, couldn't resist  :P )

Gryzor

Quote from: redbox on 18:42, 15 September 10
Dear Mr Sugar,

I have recently purchased an Amstrad CPC as I believed that it had a really good sound chip based on some music I had heard via a communications network known as the 'internet'.

I have subsequently found it the sound chip is a pile of sh*t and want my money back from you or the second hand 'dealer' I bought it through on eBay.  I want to buy a C64 instead.

You have 28 days to comply or I'll report you to Trading Standards and will write a very strong letter to the Daily Mail.

Yours faithfully,
redbox.

(sorry, couldn't resist  :P )

Sorry man, to keep the analogy going you should have said "somebody gave me a CPC for *free*"...

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:50, 15 September 10
Sorry man, to keep the analogy going you should have said "somebody gave me a CPC for *free*"...

Quote from: steve on 14:22, 14 September 10
And you are wrong, people are buying CPC's now, they may never have had one before and this would mislead them.

Great flaming though guys  8)