Author Topic: Genesis8 - Remake of Slap Fight (Alcon) by Abalore W.I.P.  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Carnivius

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Mayhem Attack Squad
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 1015
  • Likes Given: 576
Re: Genesis8 - Remake of Slap Fight (Alcon) by Abalore W.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: 09:11, 08 April 19 »
wow as much as i have fondness for the original port (and it's lil colourful spaceship) that does look impressively smooth and large screen for the cpc.
Favorite CPC games: SwitchBlade, Stryker in the Crypts of Trogan, Turrican II, UN Squadron, Oh Mummy

Offline XeNoMoRPH

• 464 Plus
  • " ... in space no one , can hear you scream ... "
  • Liked: 749
  • Likes Given: 681

Offline XeNoMoRPH

• 464 Plus

Offline XeNoMoRPH

• 464 Plus

Offline GUNHED

• 6128 Plus
  • Reincarnation of TFM
    • FutureOS - The quickest OS for the CPC and Plus
  • Liked: 672
  • Likes Given: 1475
Quite impressive!  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Recent update: 2019.01.14)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2019.07.15)

Offline TotO

• 6128 Plus
    • ?area=showdonations;u=4
  • Liked: 2531
  • Likes Given: 1481
Good!  :)

Some background emboss effects are missing, what makes the remake is a bit flat compared to the arcade or CPC version.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Offline abalore

• CPC464
  • Liked: 108
  • Likes Given: 2
Good!  :)

Some background emboss effects are missing, what makes the remake is a bit flat compared to the arcade or CPC version.

Hi! thanks for your comment, could you kindly give me more detail about those effects missing?

Offline TotO

• 6128 Plus
Hi! thanks for your comment, could you kindly give me more detail about those effects missing?
Sure. See the annotated picture with arrows to point some areas where the arcade versions looks embossed (dark/light edges) but flat like on a same level on the current CPC remake work.
(about the spaceship shadow, I can understand that is not possible, but I have pointed it too by mistake. :p)
« Last Edit: 13:55, 22 May 19 by TotO »
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Offline abalore

• CPC464
Sure. See the annotated picture with arrows to point some areas where the arcade versions looks embossed (dark/light edges) but flat like on a same level on the current CPC remake work.
(about the spaceship shadow, I can understand that is not possible, but I have pointed it too by mistake. :p)

Thanks a lot! I'll work on those specific tiles. About the spaceship shadow, I did some performance tests and maybe I'll include it in the final product, depending on the final performance results.

Abalore

Offline abalore

• CPC464

Hi again,

I redesigned those areas to look more embossed. It's the best I can do because unfortunately I'm not a pixel artist.

Regarding that, I'm open to colaboration with artists, so I make a call for artists who want to collaborate in the project.

Regards,
Abalore

Offline TotO

• 6128 Plus
Yes, it is better. ;)

I will do some test if I found the tiles.

Offline TotO

• 6128 Plus
Regarding that, I'm open to colaboration with artists, so I make a call for artists who want to collaborate in the project.
I will be proud to help. Here, two mock-ups... ;) 
(the emboss effect can be improved if tiles are redraw... Here, just some work over your picture)
« Last Edit: 17:08, 24 May 19 by TotO »

Offline AHack

• CPC664
  • Liked: 166
  • Likes Given: 22
Wow, this all looks impressive. There are quite a few games in the works at the moment for the Amstrad CPC that show what it can achieve!