News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Genesis8 - Windows XP on an Amstrad CPC 464, yes you can !

Started by NewsBot, 10:01, 04 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

MacDeath

robcfg

I think we should seriously consider to tell Prodatron to make a special version of SymbOS for a heavily expanded Amstrad Plus and call it Symbos Vista...  :D

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 09:34, 06 July 10
I think we should seriously consider to tell Prodatron to make a special version of SymbOS for a heavily expanded Amstrad Plus and call it Symbos Vista...  :D

If you are so much satisfied with Vista, then you will have you fun with it also on the CPC.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

Just kidding  :D

I'm more than happy with Linux Mint 8 right now, I only go back to XP because my scanner is not supported.

TFM

Carefull! The Linix drivers for the scanner sometimes activate (accidently?) the digitising function of the scanner. This will throw you into the virtual world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efV2wqEjEY
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Gryzor

I wouldn't hold my breath for it... I don't have much trust in them producing something decent and not totally silly...

robcfg

Sure I love the looks of the new film, but it looks like anything but cyberspace...

I'll go to the cinema but I don't expect much as with many remakes lately.

Amstari

Quote from: robcfg on 11:19, 08 July 10
I'll go to the cinema but I don't expect much as with many remakes lately.

Tron Legacy is going to be a sequel rather than a remake.

The virtual world in the trailer looks the same as the original, but the video card has been upgraded  :)

Even if the story is silly it should still look really cool in 3D!

robcfg

Quotethe video card has been upgraded

And we still play with our CPC's, hehehehehe  :D  so graphic quality isn't everything.

I also dislike the remake of Clash of the Titans because it's a bad film despite all the visual effects which are quite ok.

I have to say I have the DVD release of the original Clash of the Titans movie and I managed to get it signed by Ray Harryhausen...  8)

TFM

It tooks 28 years to make the second part of Tron. I definitely expect something great.

The encom 511 system has evolved now, better gfx, smoother scrolling, technically evolved light cycles and so on. ...  The virtual world is evolving like the real world. And from the trailer I must say... it looks better than expected.

On the other hand I can understand if somebody has doubts. If I take a look a the usual remakes of old movies of tv series, it's just sad.
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

QuoteAnd we still play with our CPC's, hehehehehe  :D  so graphic quality isn't   everything.
Actually CPC is quite a decent  Graphical computer, compared to what existed in 1984 for such a cheap price.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 03:37, 09 July 10
Actually CPC is quite a decent  Graphical computer, compared to what existed in 1984 for such a cheap price.

So right! And never in the hisory of this world another computer had better colours!
TFM of FutureSoft