News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

History of Ocean book on Kickstarter

Started by Gryzor, 18:27, 02 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:27, 02 December 12
The History of Ocean Software by Retro Fusion by Chris Wilkins - Kickstarter

I backed them :)
The project has been funded! :D It's a shame that I couldn't back it as I don't have a credit card. :(

I hope that Chris can offer some additional copies of the book for sale.

Gryzor

Yeah, can't wait. Of course it's going to be something like 8 or 9 months, but oh well.

Btw, you could have paid by Paypal, I think, which also accepts bank accounts, not only plastic...

I bet if you contact him (the sooner the better) he'd arrange something for you!

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:44, 16 December 12
Btw, you could have paid by Paypal, I think, which also accepts bank accounts, not only plastic...

I bet if you contact him (the sooner the better) he'd arrange something for you!
Believe it or not, Kickstarter doesn't accept PayPal either! :( I'll try contacting Chris and see if there's anything he can do.

Gryzor

Oh yeah, you're right, probably because it puts a hold on the funds you pledged - it doesn't charge you I think, just reserves the money. And Paypal can't do that...

If you ask him, let us know :)

Shaun M. Neary

Rats, was completely unaware of this.
Would have backed this. Looks like it's gonna be a damn good read too. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Tee-hee, love your avatat Shaun!

Hopefully he'll have some extra copies... 

I would have gone for the option with a custom Gryzor drawing from the original artist, but I found it too expensive :(

khisanth

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Nich on 13:37, 16 December 12
I hope that Chris can offer some additional copies of the book for sale.

Hey Nich, did you ever contact him regarding additional copies for sale, and did he respond? :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Nich

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:09, 23 December 12
Hey Nich, did you ever contact him regarding additional copies for sale, and did he respond? :)
I tried to contact Chris through the form on the Retro Fusion website, but I haven't received a response. :(

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Nich on 14:09, 23 December 12
I tried to contact Chris through the form on the Retro Fusion website, but I haven't received a response. :(

Unfortunate, as like yourself, I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of the book.
Maybe he's just taking a break for the Christmas. I might try drop him a message on the kickstarter site.

Will let ya know if i get anywhere. :)

khisanth

ping him on facebook, usually quite active there.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: khisanth on 21:08, 23 December 12
ping him on facebook, usually quite active there.

Believe it or not, i'm one of the few people who isn't on facebook. Got rid of my account back in February.
Scourge of sociality.

khisanth

Facebook is very useful as a communication medium and when setup right is VERY social!

I will ping him and enquire  :)

AMSDOS

Regarding Credit Card Issues, I was advised that you now get a Visa Card which you can get from the Post Office which could work as a Disposable card. I don't know what other countries are doing or if it's available, though I was going to look into this more as a means to combat Internet Fraud which I was a victim of just recently.  ???
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Unfortunately Chris has been silent on the KS project page, too, where a few people (myself included) have been asking how to pay for additional postage costs. Maybe he's been taking a break...

@CP/M, that's a prepaid card, and always a good way to be safe. But, more expensive than a regular credit card...

boyo

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest in the book - I will after the Christmas period put the book up for pre-order on my Retro Fusion site (Retro Fusion) so if you would like a copy then please do pre-order on there. I will only be doing one batch of these in all likeliness so please do get your order in :)

I am planning an event in May and hope to bring many of the Ocean gang along - take a look at the site for more info : Revival - be good if you can come along. Bob Wakelin, Mark Jones, Jim Bagley, Gary Bracey and Bill Harbison already confirmed. Martin Galway and Jonathan Dunn also likely to be there and I plan to get many more. They will be happy to sign all things Ocean.

I will keep coming by here to give you guys updates - thanks for your support on this and Merry Xmas!

Cheers, Chris

Shaun M. Neary

Thanks for stopping in, Chris and keeping us posted.
Have a good Christmas :)

Gryzor

Hey Chris, so nice to see you here!

If you happen to visit again, do let us know how we can pay for the extra postage! Someone told me you sent out emails on the subject, but I got nothing...

boyo

Hi there,

Was gonna wait for the financials to sort themselves out as it takes 16 days after the Kickstarter finishes, so the funds have not arrived yet. I will then send out a survey to the pledgers to double check what people have pledged for and I hope during this time to verify the postage to make sure the book (and I) are covered.

Hope you all had a good retro XMAS day :-)

boyo

I have put 3 products up on my site - http://www.retrofusion.me.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=virtuemart&Itemid=25

UK order, European order and rest of the world.

These items are for pre-orders for the book - which I hope to have done by late Summer.

Thanks.

Gryzor

Can't wait. Hopefully it won't be later than late August -it'll make a fine gift for my birthday :)

Shaun M. Neary

Pre ordered mine! Can't wait now. :D

boyo

Guys, the event in May that I am organising is coming along nicely.

Site is : Revival

Confirmed Ocean guests to the Revival event in May are as follows so far : Paul Hughes, Gary Bracey, Mark Jones, Bill Harbison, Simon Butler, Philip Trelford, John Palmer, Bob Wakelin.
There are many others as well, as well as arcade cabinets, pinball machines and retro consoles and computers. We are hoping for over 1,000 attendees each day.
Can any of you guys make it?
I am also looking for someone to do me an event 'New' Amstrad game - who could I talk to? I have the Spectrum and C64 already covered :)

SyX

It looks the book is already available here, these are the contents:
[attach=2]
Sure that i will enjoy, but... as i imagined, again pissing over the CPC. Come on!!! Even in other platforms is considered that the CPC versions of Gryzor and Renegade are wonderful, why did not they get an interview with the CPC Master John Brandwood?  >:(