News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Memory Full - Amstrad CPC demoscene history

Started by toms, 12:04, 16 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

toms

Hi,

Have you ever dreamt of diving into the Amstrad CPC demoscene history, and crawling in the middle of parties, groups and famous prods who made it from the very beginning?

Then visit our new work in progress website: http://memoryfull.net

Toms

Targhan

Very nice read, thanks for using my article, doomed never to be published :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

MacDeath

Great new but sadly this topic won't gain any visibility here in the "news and event" subforum as it is spammed by news-bots...

I opened a new topic in "Demo" sub-forum but if you want to open your own topic just tell me and I'll delete the one I opened.

See there :
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/demos/memory-full-a-new-cpc-demoscene-website-is-born-!/

toms

If you understand french (or have a reliable translator), Tom&Jerry/GPA wrote a huge article about musical creation history on Amstrad CPC. Have a nice reading!

villain

Quote from: toms on 10:50, 30 December 17
If you understand french (or have a reliable translator), Tom&Jerry/GPA wrote a huge article about musical creation history on Amstrad CPC. Have a nice reading!

Deepl does a great job here. Far better than Google Translator, e.g.

toms

Ready for a trip 30 years ago?? We interviewed Two Mag/ GPA and learnt many things about his cracking activities during the end of the eighties!

Ready for the future?? Roudoudou wrote an interesting article about the CPC version he made of the famous Shrinkler decompressor, which will be very useful for the making of the next 4K intros!

Finally, we added a new section to the website to access all the recorded sceners in our database, as a kind of face book (help is very welcome to identify people!).

krusty_benediction

Impressive data collection work.i have to admit that I have discovered lots of persons ...
i have a suggestion for the hall of fame: to sort prods per year and not per name to see more easily evolution over time (if any)

MacDeath

Nice to have a scene "trombinoscope" at last...

krusty_benediction

Quote from: toms on 12:04, 16 December 17
Hi,

Have you ever dreamt of diving into the Amstrad CPC demoscene history, and crawling in the middle of parties, groups and famous prods who made it from the very beginning?

Then visit our new work in progress website: http://memoryfull.net

Toms
I guess you can also add the 3 prods from revision 2018 in the Tiny Intros (<=4k), Intros and Trackmos categories. They all deserve them for several reasons

Arnaud

Just read the article from @roudoudou on the Shrinkler and it's really interesting  :)

toms

After Roudoudou's good work translating Shrinkler decruncher, Gonzague joined the game with an enhanced version of it (shorter and faster)! How is it possible? Get the answer by reading this article by Gonzague, the mysterious woods' coder.

toms

Targhan translated to English his article about Sampling and Digitracking. Read it!

toms

Let's continue our investigation into the Amstrad CPC demoscene! This time, we got in touch with Antoine Pitrou to speak about his conception and practice of demomaking in the mid-90s. Read the interview!

Widukind

Great thread and "memoryfull.net" website.
Thanks for it.

Good memories come up. These were the times!

toms

Remember Push'n'Pop? After some talks, its admins kindly accepted to give us some of their best articles so they won't be lost anymore. Among these, you can rediscover amazing interviews (No Recess, Voxfreax, Batman Forever team, Fano, Lotharek & Jeff, Wake Up! team, Ronaldo) and technical stuff (Zoom initiation, La genèse du Starkos). Have a nice read!

Targhan

Glad some of my articles are available again. What about the one about the "ultimate IDE" ? Might still be useful too.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

krusty_benediction

Hello,
once again, great/useful website. Let's hope it will not disappear one day.I am pretty surprised to see such a use number of  sceners ! Impressive compilation work

• I'm progressively downloading/watching the prods that are listed there. I have few improvement suggestions:
  • - to allow visitor to download the full archive (I'm sure it is pretty small) of prods in a single zip file that contains the DSK (or HFE) of the prods order in the same than than in the website
  • - to add context to the hall of fame in order to let understand the visitor why the prod are here. The technical info is not sufficient (BTW almost each time it provides negative feedback)
  • - to allow to launch the prod on a real cpc (thanks to the cpcwifi) by just clicking on a single button/link on its web page (of course it will only work on demo using properly the dystem disc routines)

toms

After some research, we finally got in touch with New Way Cracking (NWC)! We can consider him as the first important Amstrad CPC demomaker, since he started his activities in the middle of 1987. He was the first to do fullscreen, hardware scrollings or classical splitting in a demo... just that! So, here is the interview of NWC!

@krusty_benediction:
We will add an archive on the Hall Of Fame page. We also sorted the prods by date as you suggested. For your 2 other suggestions, it's not planned at the moment. Thank you for your interest!

norecess464

Nice stuff, thanks for the NWC interview !! pretty interesting.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Gryzor

Printing away :) Thanks for the heads up!

Targhan

Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

toms

NWC kindly gave us some unpublished screenshots of his 2 unreleased games (WyZaxx and Rally Cross) which we of course integrated to his interview. Discover them!

toms

We opened a forum to talk about CPC development and history. You can join the discussions by using your SceneID, a login system maintained by Scene.org, already used on a variety of demoscene related websites, such as Pouët.net, Demoparty.net, Capped.TV and more. No more passwords mess!

toms

Steph was the founder member of the demogroup Nephilim in the early 90's. Now that he is back with new projects, it is the right time to speak with him about the past and the future...

Read his interview! (and don't hesitate to leave a comment)