News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NoRecess - HxC Floppy Emulator Manager V3.5 released

Started by NewsBot, 18:00, 15 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

HxC Floppy Emulator Manager V3.5 released
15 October 2017, 3:25 pm

A new version is available !

As a reminder, the HxC Floppy Emulator is a device allowing your software library to be stored on a USB/SD card (DSK + HFE disc image formats) for usage on a real Amstrad CPC machine.

This news is about the Manager for Amstrad CPC (the program to select disc images on the HxC Floppy Emulator's slots).

End-user can now select .DSK files (when using latest firmware for Gotek USB). Memory footprint has been improved (memory above &8800 is not used, which means users with tons of installed ROMs will not experience crashes anymore). As usual, a ROM version is also provided. Finally, the sources are now available online on GitHub.

Feel free to download latest software by clicking here !

Source: NoRecess - News

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

breiztiger

very good for the cpc  8)

the link for sources do not work ...

anyone has downloaded already and can repost sources ?

thanks in advance

genesis8

chinnyhill10

Great news. I thought there were to be no more updates.

Pity they haven't change the font though. Can be hard work to read!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Skunkfish

I'm getting the error code HXCERROR_READCONFIGFILEERROR on startup now, not sure what has changed...

EDIT: Fixed, I backed up the contents on the USB stick, reformatted and then copied back. Now working fine....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

Actually no longer working fine. I tried recopying the config as I kept getting 'Disc missing' after using the navigation buttons on the front of the drive.

Now getting the 'HXCERROR_FLOPPYACCESSERROR'.

Rapidly losing my patience with this P.O.S....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

I think the problem is that the Drive B:>A cable hack is no longer working. I used to flick a switch and the HXC would work as Drive A:, this works until I try and press the GoTek buttons, at which point the drive no longer works as A:.

Has something changed with the latest HxC firmware for GoTek that is preventing this?

Vyper68

Quote from: Skunkfish on 21:12, 04 March 18
I think the problem is that the Drive B:>A cable hack is no longer working. I used to flick a switch and the HXC would work as Drive A:, this works until I try and press the GoTek buttons, at which point the drive no longer works as A:.

Has something changed with the latest HxC firmware for GoTek that is preventing this?

I was having similar problems with my new Gotek drive and HxC and my Gotek has the Flash Floppy firmware. I was getting the config errors and drive errors in the end i just took HXC off and used it in native mode and it works - I have sent of for an OLED screen so i can at least see what i am looking at 010 doesn't really cut it.
I'm not sure what is going on the DDI-3 i have is updated to 3.1.1.0a and that works fine with HXC35
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

tjohnson

I've had that message a few times i think normally caused by some sort of issue on the usb.  Try reformat the memory to fat32, then copy the files back across from a clean copy.  There is a newer firmware or 3.1.16.1a which seems to work ok, give that a try.  Also try a complete power cycle.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: Skunkfish on 21:12, 04 March 18

No.

When you are moving files to another stick or reformating it, you must use a fresh and clean HXCSDFE.CFG ! - Don't keep your old CFG file !

For CPC, if you want to use the selector, you must use the one present in /Config_Files/Autoboot_mode/CPC in the firmware archive :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/HXCFEUSB_HFE_beta_firmware.zip

Skunkfish

I've taken the firmware back to v3.0.8.2a combined with Emulator Manager v3.1 which seems to behave much better.

With the latest firmware, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the face buttons to successfully change the disk with the drive A: switch applied...

Jeff_HxC2001

Quote from: Skunkfish on 18:20, 05 March 18
I've taken the firmware back to v3.0.8.2a combined with Emulator Manager v3.1 which seems to behave much better.

With the latest firmware, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the face buttons to successfully change the disk with the drive A: switch applied...

Anybody else with the latest firmware (3.1.16.3a) and the manager v3.5 confirm the issue ?

Jeff_HxC2001

Just tested again with v3.1.16.3a + HXC Manager 3.5 with DSK and HFE files, but i don't reproduce your issue. :-|