NoRecess - Phortem by Condense (Amstrad CPC demo), now available for download !

Started by NewsBot, 16:00, 08 June 13

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Phortem by Condense (Amstrad CPC demo), now available for download !
8 June 2013, 4:57 pm

Latest Condense demo, Phortem, is now RELEASED and available for download ! We sincerely hope you will enjoy it. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this production. A making of will be available later this year...

Related links :

Pouet.net

Scene.org

Youtube (Amstrad Plus)

Youtube (Amstrad CPC 6128)

Source: NoRecess / Condense - News

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Kris

Absolutely great piece of code !! Gfx and sound are really nice ....and what cool soft effects !! (especially transitions between screens).

Bravo guys !

MacDeath

Quoteand it's a fucking beauty!
OMG yes...

a very graphically heavy Demo... with true story telling and no boring Hardware effects.

Also Boobs and asses.

Perhaps a few more Mode1 stuffs wouldn't have hurt. ;)

Devilmarkus

@ MacDeath: Watch into your monitor using an angle of 45°. Then the pixels look like MODE 1 ;)

Edit: Keep one eye closed ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

trocoloco

nice story-telling demo plenty of great graphics and music, great point it has versions for cpc and cpc+ ,  great effort wonderful demo, respect

Gryzor

Really nice and smooth effects; I found it original, so very interesting to watch. Thanks so much! Still haven't tried it on my real CPC though - a shame!

TFM

Absolutely GREAT demo!!! My best Congratulations and Greetings to the whole team!!!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

The best Condense demo with gorgeous graphics and originals effects.
You can vote here, for it!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Devilmarkus

I already voted...
Thumb down, right? *hidemode*

Spoiler: ShowHide
No, of course thumb up!

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

ralferoo

Wow, wow, wow! Awesome demo. Loved it, excellent colour palette, lovely effects, great work interleaving disk IO with the main demo...  :o

I know this is going to kill me trying to get my disk emulation timing good enough for this to work perfectly!  :'(

TFM

Anybody seen it on a real CPC(!) ? Is the sound once a while spoiled by the disc routines too? Probably this happens only when using emulators. Can somebody tell?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM/FS on 17:29, 12 June 13
Anybody seen it on a real CPC(!) ? Is the sound once a while spoiled by the disc routines too? Probably this happens only when using emulators. Can somebody tell?
It's going to be tricky as it only works if you have a 3.5" drive in a 6128, as it needs 80 track double sided.

That said, it might tempt me into trying to find a suitable drive from the loft... :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: ralferoo on 17:55, 12 June 13
It's going to be tricky as it only works if you have a 3.5" drive in a 6128, as it needs 80 track double sided.

That said, it might tempt me into trying to find a suitable drive from the loft... :)
should work if you have an external 3.5" B drive too. Run it from B.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

fano

Quote from: TFM/FS on 17:29, 12 June 13
Nope, works perfectly with a HxC
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

@Fano, TotO: Thank you guys!!!  :) :) :)  (As SyX already mentioned, probably no emulator has a perfect FDC emulation - obviously this becomes more and more important in the new demo era).
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

I enjoyed the demo (although I found the subject matter a bit odd!).

Great graphics and track loading though and a polished production all round.

TFM

It's not track loading[nb]Track loading would mean that there is a single sector on a track.[/nb], it has 512 Bytes sectors.
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

tastefulmrship

Does anyone know if the images will be uploaded to ArtCity at some point?

steve

This is a truly excellent demo, I just watched both videos running together, although the plus version started a fraction of a second before the CPC version, the CPC version caught up and overtook the other to finish a fraction of a second before the plus version.

So I wonder what plus features did this demo use? was it only the extended pallette?