News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Octoate's News - New version of Filmemacher for FutureOS

Started by NewsBot, 20:00, 16 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

New version of Filmemacher for FutureOS
16 August 2010, 4:47 pm

TFM released a new version of his video compression tool Filmemacher (german for 'Moviemaker'). With Filmemacher you can compress 17kb screen and display them with up to 50fps. You can download the actual version of the program from http://www.futureos.de.

Changes:

• Application now updated and adapted for FutureOS system .8 or higher
  • Memory-Management is enhanced, up to 512 KB E-RAM will be fully used
  • Debugging (has still to be enhanced in the next version)
  • Interface for German, English and French language
  • Application needs a CPC with at least 208 KB RAM.
  • The generated CoData movie can now compress 1364 single pictures (511 in last version)
  • Application runs best on Class 4 CPC or higher.

© Octoate for Octoate.de - The Amstrad CPC news portal, 2010. |  Permalink |  No comment |  Add to  del.icio.us    Post tags: 2010, compression, futureos, tfm, tool, utility, video  

CPC-Topsites  

Related posts    Feed enhanced by Better Feed from  Ozh

Source: Octoate.de - The Amstrad CPC news portal

---
This news item first appeared on Octoate's Blog and was aggregated through RSS for the forum.
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

TFM

Quote from: NewsBot on 20:00, 16 August 10

• Application needs a CPC with at least 208 KB RAM.[/l][/l]
Well, there was a question about RAM. Sorry, it's not possible to squeeze it into 128 KB.
(App. needs 64 KB table of 16 bit values, 16 KB for generated CoData block buffer, 16 KB for application itself and the OS and small tables, further it needs twice: two 16 KB screens to compare them and calculate differences for video-stream 1 and 2, 16 KB management-table which contains expansion RAM values and start-addresses of single pictures which are contained in CoData, the same 16 KB block contains also a table of filenames of source pictures, and some other stuff).

However the player of CoData movies itself runs on every CPC with 128 KB RAM. So you can at least watch the "product" of MovieMaker on a real CPC, in case you don't have an RAM expansion.[/list]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Sad. It only works with FutureOS :(
Would be cool a "Filmemacher" app for all CPC with more than 208k
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

AMSDOS

Well I guess it's not all bad - SymbOS seems to be getting it's own Movie Development package. The key thing with these applications is the space to put it on and the memory and I don't mean a standard 6128 with 2 disc drives!  ???  But still these projects look fascinating to look at considering where these machines were at in the mid-90s! It's the way of 21st Century 8-Bit computing!  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 07:31, 18 August 10
Sad. It only works with FutureOS :(
Would be cool a "Filmemacher" app for all CPC with more than 208k

I already started to developp a Projector tool for Amsdos. So it will be possible to watch CoData movies with a pure 6128 with just a disc drive - that's enough ;D
However the process of generating CoData needs FutureOS, impossible to do under another OS.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

50fps? Really????

Wow...

could you make a YouTube demo or something?

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:05, 19 August 10
50fps? Really? ???

Yep, you can download it and watch one of the two supplied demo movies. Guess I have to add some more movies :-)

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:05, 19 August 10
could you make a YouTube demo or something?

Well, I'm not so familiar with that stuff. But I can get familiar with it. So I have probably use Java CPC to record what's going on on the CPC? Sorry, still have no access to my real CPC. Let me see what I can do...

Oh, btw a remark... FilmeMacher also reads header-less 16 KB screens (save some space on 0.7 MB discs ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Octoate

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:31, 19 August 10
Well, I'm not so familiar with that stuff. But I can get familiar with it. So I have probably use Java CPC to record what's going on on the CPC? Sorry, still have no access to my real CPC. Let me see what I can do...
You can use WinApe to record an AVI file (File - Record AVI) and then upload it to Youtube - that's all :).
--

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Any news? ;)

I'm at work, it'd be perfect for a slow morning!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:27, 23 August 10
Any news? ;)

I'm at work, it'd be perfect for a slow morning!

Uehm, sorry, did completely forget it. Had to realize a diabolic plan at the weekend. Since Octoate has two weeks of holidays in one week, I finished the german translation of OP Level 5 (only 6 is missing now), so he will have a lot of work to do in his holidays, because he must correct all my bad translatons.

But coming back to this... hope to get it managed this week. Let's see if there's an hour spare time for this topic - close to midnight when I'm coming home.  :(
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Well, don't know which compression is best for making avi's with WinApe...

However I tried it two times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srl5KJJpHJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BegY8i07iqA
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Smooth! Can't wait till someone makes a movie with it, though it'll take lots of time...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 05:30, 25 August 10
Smooth! Can't wait till someone makes a movie with it, though it'll take lots of time...

Yes, right. The best way is to paint everything on CPC. Which is the biggest work and takes the most time, but also brings the best results.

On the other hand, pics from PC can be taken, convert it to single pics and to the rest on CPC. Well, can be that you need a hundred .DSKs ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Had missed this post... is it running too fast or is it my eyes?

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:21, 18 September 10
Had missed this post... is it running too fast or is it my eyes?

Your eyes perform well :-) But I have to learn to give the right tags in youtube :-X
TFM of FutureSoft