News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Octoate's News - QuickCMD v2.2

Started by NewsBot, 16:00, 18 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

norecess

The BASIC will actually call KL ROM WALK (in firmware) to initialize all ROMs.

TFM

It's shocking how much urban legends I read here  ;)

The CPC initializes the ROMs in the following order 15, 14, 13, ... 2, 1 and 0. As easily can be seen by the sign-on messages of the single ROMs. And BASIC alway displays its sign on string at the end.

The Inicron Booster ROM and routine is still not understood here. Obviously! It's less than 1 KB code. The routine that initializes the ROMs 31, 30... 17 and 16 is actually very small. And yes it uses parts of the CPC-OS, why not? Why to invent the wheel again?

Years ago I did a disassembly of the Booster ROM and the corresponding routine and it took me minutes to understand it. Sorry I don't want to talk too loud here, but seemingly there's no English docs about ROMs ?? I would contribute docs here, but all I have is written in German.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:51, 26 September 11
Years ago I did a disassembly of the Booster ROM and the corresponding routine and it took me minutes to understand it. Sorry I don't want to talk too loud here, but seemingly there's no English docs about ROMs ?? I would contribute docs here, but all I have is written in German.

That's okay, I understand German.  Can you post the docs please.

And can anyone tell me what does pressing SPACE when resetting the CPC do when you've got the BOOSTER ROM installed[nb]My real CPC is at work and I can't emulate it in WinAPE...[/nb]?  I think it probably stops it from scanning positions 16-31, but I'd like confirmation of this.

norecess

QuoteIt's shocking how much urban legends I read here

We are all still learning, hey.  :D

TFM

Quote from: norecess on 13:07, 27 September 11

We are all still learning, hey.  :D

If we stop learning, then we're dead :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus