News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Octoate's News - ROManager v1.35

Started by NewsBot, 18:00, 03 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

ROManager v1.35
3 September 2011, 5:00 pm

TFM released the first official version of the ROManager application for the MegaFlash from Bryce. After a long phase of testing by SyX the ROMananger in version 1.35 is now capable to perform the following tasks:
  • Park or Unpark a ROM
  • Clear a ROM
  • Copy, swap or shift ROMs
  • Test a ROM for name, version number and checksum.
  • Adapt a ROM checksum
  • ROMs can be loaded from disc or saved to disc.
There are versions for Basic (either from disc or ROM redident) or for FutureOS. The Basic version can work with different drives and OSs. The ROM resident version needs  32 KB, which equals two ROMs. A version which only needs one ROM is under development.

The ROManager including all source codes can be downloaded at: http://www.FutureOS.de

Related posts:

© Octoate for Octoate.de - The Amstrad CPC news portal, 2011. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us  Post tags: 2011, hardware, megaflash, megaflashrom, rom, rommanager, tfm, utility

CPC-Topsites

Feed enhanced by Better Feed from Ozh

flattr this!

Source: Octoate.de - The Amstrad CPC news portal

---
This news item first appeared on Octoate's Blog and was aggregated through RSS for the forum.
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

norecess

@TFM : your ROMManager is nice and does the job, but 2 ROMs is way too much for what it's expected to do ! Glad you are working on a 1 ROM-only version :)

Gryzor

I agree! I hope he can pull it off without sacrificing any features...

TFM

Actually the ROManager supports five languages, their texts already need 16 KB. So if crunching fails I will have to shrinkt the texts.
Let's see...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Well, other option could be once the program not need any more retouching and you can declare it finished, assembly a few mono-languages roms or you can make an only english version :)

I have to tell you again, Great Work TFM!!! :)

redbox

Quote from: TFM/FS on 00:33, 06 September 11
Actually the ROManager supports five languages, their texts already need 16 KB. So if crunching fails I will have to shrinkt the texts.

If you crunch, won't you need quite a bit of RAM for the uncrunching routine?

Might be an idea to have separate language versions.

norecess

redbox

Quote from: norecess on 12:05, 06 September 11
Text usually packs very well.

Yes, but the RAM claimed from HIMEM for the uncrunch buffer would have to be quite big wouldn't it...?

norecess

QuoteYes, but the RAM claimed from HIMEM for the uncrunch buffer would have to be quite big wouldn't it...?
Good point.  ;)

TFM

Depends on the cruncher...
Like SyX mentioned, the single language version would be the alternative.
Finally the 464 version must fit in 8 KB. (16 K V-RAM, 2 * 16 KB ROM buffer, 8 K BASIC/AMSDOS). So this will be a single language version for sure.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Ythcal

I don't mind to use such a tool in English. As long as it's not French only...  ;)

TFM

Quote from: Ythcal on 10:31, 08 September 11
I don't mind to use such a tool in English. As long as it's not French only...  ;)

Since I suffer so much due to French only sites and app-doc's, I'm already thinking about a German only version  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

The BASIC version of the ROManager v1.35 doesn't like filenames the underscores in them, e.g. HOH_01.ROM

It gives an OS induced Bad Command - so not sure if the problem is the ROManager or AMSDOS?

Gryzor

Quote from: redbox on 12:28, 09 September 11
The BASIC version of the ROManager v1.35 doesn't like filenames the underscores in them, e.g. HOH_01.ROM

It gives an OS induced Bad Command - so not sure if the problem is the ROManager or AMSDOS?

Ah, and I thought it was just me. But this isn't new...

SyX

Well, sorry, but that is my error, i think that amsdos not let you use "_" in filenames :P

TFM

Quote from: SyX on 14:14, 09 September 11
Well, sorry, but that is my error, i think that amsdos not let you use "_" in filenames :P
Right, it's an AMSDOS (ParaDOS, XD-DOS, VDOS ...) problem. But you can use the "_" for tape files.

Solution: Use FutureOS (REN icon) to rename the file, for example replace "_" with the "-" minus character.
TFM of FutureSoft