Pirates/Nodes of Yesod/Chuck Yeagers Advanced Flight Trainer author spoted

Started by MacDeath, 20:46, 24 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

At the CPC464 facebook page, some Stefan Walker posted.

he says he was responsible for the CPC ports of :
=Pirates!
=Nodes of Yesod
=Chuck Yeagers Advanced Flight Trainer

I asked him if he still had some source code... seems Pirates! source code is not available... :'(

Anyway asked him to come here talk with us.
Would be interesting, I mean, he wrote some of the best CPC6128 games in my book.

And I always felt a game like pirates! could really get a more modern graphical lifting so any informations may be welcomed.

dcdrac

I had all of those and played them right up to the end of 1993

TFM

I didn't know Nodes of Yesod...

Nodes of Yesod Gameplay (Amstrad CPC)

Pirates and Chuck's AFT were definitely great on CPC.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dlfrsilver

Nodes of Yesod had one of the nastiest tape protection scheme on CPC.

The original was IMPOSSIBLE to dump as it is, i had to use a CNGSOFT little proggie (modified, because the original loader was buggy and unreliable...). and then get each bloc part.

3 or 4 hours of work.......

MacDeath

Link to the topic :

http://www.facebook.com/groups/5357712057/permalink/10152723242142058/

Nodes of Yesod is strange... it's like a speccy port done the other way : 2bpp backgrounds and 1bpp sprites.
doesn't seems too bad though...
Beside the Player's sprite (all in white) the Mode1 is quite actually used.

sounds and music are pretty nice accordign to the video (is this the real game's sounds ?)

TFM

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 23:03, 24 February 15
Nodes of Yesod had one of the nastiest tape protection scheme on CPC.

They should have invested the time for that in a better sprite routine.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Would be fun to have datas about the way those copy-protection scheme coding time killed coding time for better game engine instead...

I'm pretty sure some games had actually more time spent on copy-protection than actual game...

TFM

Yes, sad but true.  :(   >:(  They just did their usual speccy port and anything else went in copy protection. And then companies complain about unwanted copies of their games. Well, if I likes a game then I bought it, but I deleted a lot of crap for which - Thanks God! - I nearly never wasted money.  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft