News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
N

QuickCMD v1.0 released !

Started by norecess, 18:50, 21 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MiguelSky

Yes I reported this to norecess too.

norecess

Yeah I think I will be sooner or later able to find the bug that makes your HDD disconnect.

Otherwise, I did great advancements this week-end on QuickCMD... future is promising.  :D

HAL6128

Hi norecess,
just a small suggestion for handling the autocomplete-function in QCMD. Imagine that you have to files on disk with the same name but different extension (e.g. test.bas and test.bak). At the prompt you are going to write "A:\USER0\RUN T"+<TAB> then "A:\USER0\RUN TEST.BAK" will be displayed. But if you want to start "Test.bas" then you have to correct a character (only one character I know). In linux or windows shell you could make a choice between different name by pressing <TAB> more times instead of diplaying the directory. Maybe a usefull idea for next release?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

norecess

I have been quite quiet last weeks about QuickCMD but prepare yourself for a major update sooner or later.. actually, more than an update, it's a complete rewrite of QCMD that I'm currently doing !

New features :
- now 90% rewritten in ASM
- 100% executed from ROM (so it does not get copied dumbly to RAM as V1.0) : ultra-small memory footprint : 6 bytes ;)
- autostart is now disabled, QCMD now launchable with CTRL+TAB key. Same Ctrl+Tab key combination to get back to BASIC. Easy !  Actually, you can even do CTRL+TAB (launch QCMD) then TAB (autotype DIR) and voila! you get your CAT stuff faster than ever
- sector-based disc operations ! As a result :
  * faster disc access
  * DIR can now list Hidden files (you will never look at your discs the same way!)
  * undelete file
  * change file attributes (read-only, hidden, user)
  * DATA/SYSTEM/Parados/Romdos support !
- still focused on maximum ergonomy (shortcuts, autocomplete, history, etc)
- still 100% compatible with all your RSXs (btw there was a critical bug in V1)
- still using ultra-fast char displaying (but switched to system font)
- new unannounced features....

I also learned a lot from your feedback with V1 and applied most of your requests..

The program is actually implemented at 70-80%, and its size is currently 10Kb in memory.

@hal6128 I have no plans right now to implement multiple completion-system like you proposed. Let's say I put this as priority 3 ;-)

norecess

Actually I did great coding session today. Almost 90% is implemented  ;D

MiguelSky

Working with BonnyDOS now !! Congrats :)

HAL6128

Quote from: norecess on 16:21, 14 July 11
@hal6128 I have no plans right now to implement multiple completion-system like you proposed. Let's say I put this as priority 3 ;-)

No worries. It's good to see your coding will be advanced :)
Do you work out that Code/Application with your Phactory-Tool?

norecess

Hmm I'm having great reception of this privately released QCMD new version.. this is definitively good news :)

Off-topic: yeah it's all done using Phactory. I really get more productive with it, especially since I don't have to bother about makefiles and DSK maker and packer and whatever ;) The great feature in it is its dependency resolver ; it only compiles what actually needs to be compiled, and compiles in the right build order. By example I just have to add a new C file, references its ASM output in an other ASM file (via the Pasmo's include command) and voila! It's ready to be built. The tool is really stable now and does what it's exactly supposed to do. I'm glad not having done a premature release of Phactory, as I still fix bugs on it from times to times. Good news is, I did not make any fixes last month on it so it could be released officially sooner or later ;) but I would need to write a documentation with it as also some default project templates to help newcomers.

HAL6128

...your Phactory tool looks very well arranged and handy. But you obviously need at least assembler coding experience apart C. Damm, it's a pity. I try these days to get into assembler, but I doubt something productive comes out of it. C is more common to me. Hmmm.... MC is definitly needed.
Are you going to release your Phactory software somedays?
Is it possible to code with SDCC or your Phactory tool applications for FuturOS oder SOS?

norecess

Quote you obviously need at least assembler coding experience apart C
Actually, you could do 100% C and use a small framework written in ASM.

QuoteDamm, it's a pity

Unfortunately. you don't have choice to use ASM. Consider C as a high-level helper to ASM.

QuoteAre you going to release your Phactory software somedays?

Yes. Eventually somedays.  :)

[/size]
QuoteIs it possible to code with SDCC or your Phactory tool applications for FuturOS oder SOS?

I don't know the internals of the OS you mention, but if it basically can execute ASM code (cf. programs), I don't see why it could not :)[/quote]