News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NoRecess - IO, a new demo by Logon System... on MSX !

Started by NewsBot, 15:01, 15 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

IO, a new demo by Logon System... on MSX !
15 March 2015, 1:57 pm

ForEver 2015 is over ! Overflow / Logon System just released there a new demo called IO, created with the help of Ced / Condense for the graphics and Factor6 for the audio-part.

From my point of view, some particularities to note for any well-informed CPC demomakers:

- it's released on... MSX machines (!!)

- it has some visual hints with previous Logon System productions

- involves technical tricks ; not a Z80-CPU only programming !

Click here for Pouet.net link.

Source: NoRecess - News

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Prodatron

Wow, this MSX1 demo is amazing and a very big surprise! Great work, Overflow!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Prodatron

Gryzor

Reeeally really cute :) Can't it be ported to the CPC?

I really liked the tune, too!

Overflow

@Prodatron: I knew you will like it. ;D
@Gryzor: I'm not sure if I should start a thread here (... about a msx demo, within a temple dedicated to cpc? :-\).
Yes, "IO" could be ported to CPC which can do much more. Have you ever seen "Batman Forever" and then been killed as I've been?  :laugh:
That said, well: the last scene from IO shows some nearly-pixel-precise splitrasters (which cpc could not),
or the 3D-scroll changes all "colors" at a time (while it takes much more than a single scanline to change all 16 colors on a cpc).
Unregistered from CPCwiki forum.

McKlain

Prodatron

@Overflow: Manuel asked, if you contacted the OpenMSX team regarding the necessary patch. They would probably like to add it into the regular version :)

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 15:46, 15 March 15
Wow, this MSX1 demo is amazing and a very big surprise! Great work, Overflow!

Very true. Great demo, very smooth. Was that MSX 2 standard?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Overflow

Quote from: McKlain on 20:56, 15 March 15YAP!  :D
Oh! you noticed that? good catch! ;)

Quote from: Prodatron on 22:10, 15 March 15Manuel asked, if you contacted the OpenMSX team regarding the necessary patch. (...)
New thread started at MRC forum. I didn't want to talk about that before the demo is out.  :-X

Quote from: TFM on 22:57, 15 March 15Very true. Great demo, very smooth. Was that MSX 2 standard?
You mis-read: MSX1. Briefly, my own thoughts: MSX1 is lame compared to CPC, while MSX2 is much more powerful (well, if MSX2+ and MSX Turbo R did not exist). Again: my own thought, based on my own code/tests on both machines, which includes 6128+ and MSX2. Feel free to disagree, I know I should not be authorized to tell such a truth on a website dedicated to CPC.  ;D
Unregistered from CPCwiki forum.