News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2015

Started by Bryce, 22:33, 02 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hi all,
    I'm considering visiting Revision 2015 this year. Is anyone else from here going to be there?

I might even bring some equipment with me, so if someone had something broken they could bring it along.

Bryce.

Octoate

Hi Bryce,
I will participate this year, too. The last Revision was great and a big party, so I can't wait for it :-).

CU Octo
--

toms

As usual, I'll be there with some french CPC sceners... (you can check the CPC people already registered here: Push'n'Pop | Amstrad CPC Demoscene | Revision 2015)

ralferoo

I'll be there (of course!) - already booked my flights and hotel, I'm that keen!

It'd be good to see you again and to see more CPC folk there... :)

Bryce

Send me a PM and let me know what hotel you're in, so that were not all spread around town.

Bryce.

Prodatron

A few days ago I booked the hotel (we are all in the Mercure City Hotel), so there is no going back! :)
Looking forward to see you guys!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

MaV

Mercure Hotel + Flights are booked. My wife will come too.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

Not booked yet, still waiting for confirmation of whether I'll be in Japan for work at the time :(

Bryce.

ralferoo

So, it seems that EVERYBODY is staying in the Mercure this year! :)

I've not heard of a single person booking somewhere else yet...

Optimus

I have just bought my tickets. More certain I will be there. Not planning to come with CPC entry, no time for it yet. But will be great to meet some CPC folks!

Bryce

:( Just got the confirmation that I didn't want. Looks extremely unlikely that I can attend.

Bryce.

TFM

Sometimes you just have to get sick at the weekend  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

Quote from: ralferoo on 00:14, 04 February 15
So, it seems that EVERYBODY is staying in the Mercure this year! :)

I've not heard of a single person booking somewhere else yet...
There's a good reason why we chose the Mercure hotel this year.

We booked a hotel in the city center, about 15 minutes by foot from the Mercure hotel last year. Unfortunately it is close to the last bus stop for the Revision night bus (while the Mercure is the second stop). I made the mistake not to leave the bus at the Mercure and go by foot, and so the bus did the whole tour through Saarbrücken and it took about an hour or more to arrive and finally go to bed at about half past three in the morning. :/ (Incidentally, there was some confusion about the bus stops and the hotels, so once I realised that I'll be last I decided to organise the drive and ask people which hotels they booked and called them out to ascertain that they got off in time because most of them were close to sleep already and prone to miss their hotel. I think one left too early and people advised him to stay on the bus, while he said he did not mind a bit of a walk. It turned out that the "bit of a walk" was probably a good 30 minutes or more from where he left.)

The next day we opted for a Taxi, which would have been a good option but the Taxi drivers did not expect an onslaught of calls. When I phoned the taxi office they replied that a couple of taxis were already on their way ignoring the fact that they would need one more taxi now. There were quite a lot of people standing around. In the end we waited another half an hour or so in the cold until it was our turn.

Combine that with the fact that our hotel offered breakfast until ten o'clock (I think) and I was already tired from the early flight on Friday, and it's clear that I haven't had too much sleep. (Now, the experience sounds pretty awful, but it wasn't really. We still had a bit of conversation going with other people in the bus and the mood was great. I'm just not 20 anymore.)

So, to cut a long story short, I'd really like to have a bit more sleep and feel refreshed when returning to the party the next morning, so we decided to opt for the Mercure hotel. The more people that book there the easier people can be organised for a taxi or private transportation; and the bus will arrive much quicker as well.

TFM

What's about sleeping at the meeting location?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

Quote from: TFM on 18:15, 06 February 15What's about sleeping at the meeting location?
There are people sleeping in the hall, mostly at the side entrances (which are closed, except when airing the hall, and at the back of the stage. It's quite cold there at this time of the year, and loud behind the stage.
My story wasn't meant to be negative, the hotel was ok, and I'd take it anytime I'm not at the Revision, but for a better experience at the Revision party the Mercure hotel is preferable. There's also the Crystal hotel which is a 10 minute walk from the E-Werk; bonefish was there last time, and he's ok with it.

ralferoo

The timetable and seminar list is up on the website:
Timetable | Revision 2015 - 3rd to 6th of April 2015 - Saarbrücken, Germany
Seminars | Revision 2015 - 3rd to 6th of April 2015 - Saarbrücken, Germany

I'll definitely be going to at least one of the seminars... ;)

MaV

And I know which one I will definitely be attending. ;)

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 12:25, 12 March 15
And I know which one I will definitely be attending. ;)

How to build a moon probe? :D

Bryce.

MaV

Ah, I didn't scroll through to the end. :D

Let's see:
Small, Fast, AND Good? Improbable Softsynth Techniques - Chances are good I'll attend.
Color Grading - Theory and Practice - as above
A real-time post-processing crash course - I'm very likely to attend
Belgian Beers For Advanced Users - Missed last year, determined to go this year
Why you should make an emulator - must go!
We build the Atari Punk Console - must go!
Demo Age Analytics: Is the visual quality of demos measurable? - very likely
The Timeless Way of Building Geometry - How to model Signed Distance Functions - very likely
Supraleiter and whose physically-based-rendering techniques - very likely
How to build a moon probe - most go!

Hm, I guess I'll have to go to all. :D (how should I call that? binge attendance?)

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 13:58, 12 March 15
Ah, I didn't scroll through to the end. :D

Let's see:
Small, Fast, AND Good? Improbable Softsynth Techniques - Chances are good I'll attend.
Color Grading - Theory and Practice - as above
A real-time post-processing crash course - I'm very likely to attend
Belgian Beers For Advanced Users - Missed last year, determined to go this year
Why you should make an emulator - must go!
We build the Atari Punk Console - must go!
Demo Age Analytics: Is the visual quality of demos measurable? - very likely
The Timeless Way of Building Geometry - How to model Signed Distance Functions - very likely
Supraleiter and whose physically-based-rendering techniques - very likely
How to build a moon probe - most go!

Hm, I guess I'll have to go to all. :D (how should I call that? binge attendance?)

Going to any of them that are after the Belgian Beer "Conference" is just a waste of time. You won't be listening anyway :D

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 14:44, 12 March 15Going to any of them that are after the Belgian Beer "Conference" is just a waste of time. You won't be listening anyway :D
That'd be true. But the organisers took care of that. The beer seminar is the last one on Friday at 10pm. I shall be back in form for doz's seminar at 12am the next day (or having a hangover and throwing up with the accompanying sounds and smells while he talks. CPC scene drama at a party. :D ... not really, I never drink excessively.)