News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2016

Started by Hicks, 12:14, 02 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

The Revision 2016 will take place this year from March 25th to 28th in Saarbrücken... No surprise!
Website: Start | Revision 2016 - 25th to 28th of March - Saarbrücken, Germany
I hope I will see the small group of diehards cpc users who comes every year (MaV, Octoate, Doz, Bonefish, etc.) and "newcomers"... On the french side, Eliot, Toms, Beb, maybe Offset, and me will be here (and maybe others I forgot).
So see you on the party place!

toms

If you still hesitate to visit Revision, here are some party impressions (with some Doz inside)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3EyfSP1VSc

Come party with us!!!

Ast

I don't know if i could come. I'll see it with Overflow, MacDeath, TotO for an eventual South travelling.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Octoate

I have already booked my hotel, so chances are good that I will be there this year ;). Prodatron and Kangaroo will be there, too. I am not sure about BSC, but he might be there this year again. On the visitor list I also found Juggler and RufUsul, so at least some german CPC users will be there this year.
Oh and btw... if you are unsure, here is Kanga's entry in the streaming compo from the Revision 2015 ;) - The Alan Sugar Trash Orchestra (starts at 2:09 min):

--

Octoate

...aaaaaaand don't forget "Still Rising" by Vanity :-)!!!

--

Optimus

I plan to be there this year too, if nothing unexpected destroys my plans.

Prodatron

Hotel booked, so I will be there again this year!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

eliot

bod

Hey guys,

I'd really like to meet some CPC users and maybe learn a bit more on the demo making process. Please hit me up if you see me strolling around at revision. Except for the case I'm at the infodesk. Other wise the orga shirt and name badge with "bod" on it should give away my identity pretty quick. ^^

Octoate

Great to hear that this year a lot of CPC users will attend to the Revision again :). Can't wait for it!
--

Prodatron

I will be there with BSC when they are opening the doors. Is anyone interested in "organizing" an Amstrad table, so that we are all at the same place? Last year we had an austrian/german place, and the UK and french guys have been somewhere else. I am just wondering if this could make sense. Problem is, that you are not allowed to reserve table space for a longer time, so the question is, when do all you guys arrive?

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Optimus

Confirmed I will be there 99%, booked my tickets. It will be great to see some new and old CPC people there.

Bryce

Unfortunately I'll be in Ireland that weekend, so if anyone would like to meet me for the official "I could be at Revision 2016, but instead I'm stuck here in the rain" Meeting, let me know :D

Bryce.

Octoate

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:49, 13 March 16
I will be there with BSC when they are opening the doors. Is anyone interested in "organizing" an Amstrad table, so that we are all at the same place? Last year we had an austrian/german place, and the UK and french guys have been somewhere else. I am just wondering if this could make sense. Problem is, that you are not allowed to reserve table space for a longer time, so the question is, when do all you guys arrive?
Same time as last year - so maybe 30min after you ;). Please reserve a seat for me.
--

Munchausen

I'd love to go but can't make it. Hopefully next year!

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Bryce on 14:43, 14 March 16
Unfortunately I'll be in Ireland that weekend, so if anyone would like to meet me for the official "I could be at Revision 2016, but instead I'm stuck here in the rain" Meeting, let me know :D
I hope to meet up, here, with the "usual crew" over the weekend watching the OFFICIAL SceneSat coverage of the party. But, we always welcome newcomers to our number!

The 4 bottles of Spanish red wine has been bought (along with 12 cans of lager) and a bottle of Champagne I won, today, at the work's Easter raffle! So, I predict interesting (if sometimes indecipherable) views on the current world demo-scene! ^_^

EDIT: Regular screenshots of the CPCWiki ShoutBox is recommended... so I can try and work out what I am saying when very, very drunk!

tastefulmrship

Anyway... it wasn't me drunk-in-charge-of-a-keyboard this year! ^_^

Here are the two CPC music releases from Revision.
Both deserved far higher places in the Oldskool Music Compo, but I guess it's tough to compete in a Commodore audience!

However, congrats to both bod and RaFT for their brilliant tracks! ^_^

MacDeath

should have pretend it were Speccy tunes... would have won I guess...

TomEtJerry

I am not fan of Bod's tune (I don't "feel" the melody, is there one ?). Raft's music is better and sounds good, even if some little things could be updated. Anyway, that's always nice to discover new tunes for our machine !

bod

I'm totally with you there. In fact I was going to not hand it in, but decided to do it anyways. I've never done a song on a CPC so far, so the Instruments are completely boring and the song itself gave me some problems due to the stereo handling.

I'll see if I can get a bit more familiar with Arkos Tracker and churn out some stuff that is actually listenable. It's just hard to wrap your head around a new tracker, if you're working on another one (renoise and klystrack) and also doing a streamed entry at the same time, just two weeks before the party.

Enough whining. Song sucks, but it wasn't my last one on the CPC. :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 18:23, 21 March 16
EDIT: Regular screenshots of the CPCWiki ShoutBox is recommended... so I can try and work out what I am saying when very, very drunk!
Reading your and Mav's comments in the shoutbox made me think of the UK Eurovision with the late Terry Wogan commenting.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

tastefulmrship

I can understand people's responses to the CPC Revision entries, but (for me) they were the only representatives of the AMSTRAD CPC scene in, what is, the biggest demoscene event in the world. If ANY TIME was the time to release (even unfinished) the 30th Anniversary Megademo then that was it! Seeing the poor entries to the Oldskool Demo Compo (no offense to rez, 4-Mat or any of the other entrants) it would have won! What a BIG boost to the Amstrad scene that would have been... especially as there were about TEN Amstrad CPC people attending the party!

So, to both bod and RaFT; well done for keeping the CPC alive! I look forward to your next CPC releases! ^_^ Let's hope the native CPCers follow suit!

MaV

Quote from: arnoldemu on 12:57, 02 April 16Reading your and Mav's comments in the shoutbox made me think of the UK Eurovision with the late Terry Wogan commenting.
Hehehe. He doesn't take it quite as much as a compliment I guess, but then I do. Because I love anyone's comments on the Eurovision done in Terry Wogan's style. In fact, it's almost a tradition in Austria, and done much more bitingly by "Stermann & Grissemann". The song contests would not be bearable without it.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

tastefulmrship

Most sincere apologies to Puryx;
Revision 2016 Jingles – jco

However, also apologies to JCO... 'cos I still don't like the Revision 2016 jingles!! SOWWEEEEE!
(... but I REALLY like most of your other work, fella! ^_^)