News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revivial Event in May???

Started by MartinW, 19:30, 09 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinW

Is there going to be any kind of CPC presence at the Revival event in May? Do people even know about it?

http://www.revivalretroevents.com/

UKVAC (UK Video Arcade Collectors) have just announced that we're partnering in order to provide and promote the arcade side of retro gaming so I'll be there with them but I also like the retro computer side too so am hoping to see plenty to look at on that front.

TMR

Quote from: MartinW on 19:30, 09 April 13
Is there going to be any kind of CPC presence at the Revival event in May? Do people even know about it?

i know about the event because i was approached at Play last year and am taking some of the Oldschool Gaming machines along to exhibit... from what i've been told recently, i'm pretty much the entire homebrew section which came as something of a surprise! i'm afraid i won't have any Amstrad hardware with me though, i still haven't had the spare cash to sort out my driveless CPC6128.

ralferoo

There's a possibility I might go along for the Saturday, but that weekend is already looking pretty busy for me...

Optimus

Hey great!
Perhaps I could visit (is there a train or two from Glasgow to their place?)

What other UK retro or scene events are happening each year?
I will have in mind Sundown demoparty of course. But anything else?
Last time I visited a vintage computer festival but this was not always taking place in UK.

ralferoo

Quote from: Optimus on 09:39, 11 April 13
What other UK retro or scene events are happening each year?
Last time I visited a vintage computer festival but this was not always taking place in UK.
There's the Retro Computer Museum that I've never been to but I think they hold regular sessions.

Bletchley Park for the Colossus (aka VERY oldschool), also never been to but want to and it's a year round thing, but phone to check as apparently it's sometimes closed.

The Sundown demoparty is awesome, hopefully it'll be happening this year again, but you can guarantee I'll let people on the forum know as soon as I know anything!

TMR

Quote from: Optimus on 09:39, 11 April 13What other UK retro or scene events are happening each year?

There's a few events on each year, Play is in October (at Event City, Manchester) and i had the Oldschool Gaming kit at the last one.

It doesn't cover scene gigs like Sundown/Sunrise, but it's worth keep an eye on this sticky topic at the Retro Gamer forums. As well as Play, coming up this year are NERG (Newcastle in June) and the recently-announced RetroMission (Oxford in September) which is the next generation of RetroVision.

MartinW

Quote from: TMR on 14:10, 10 April 13
i know about the event because i was approached at Play last year and am taking some of the Oldschool Gaming machines along to exhibit... from what i've been told recently, i'm pretty much the entire homebrew section which came as something of a surprise! i'm afraid i won't have any Amstrad hardware with me though, i still haven't had the spare cash to sort out my driveless CPC6128.
I could take my 6128 which is currently stock plus 3.5" drive (and a panel with dual os, reset and Abba switches). I could probably afford my hxc drive by then too but I was really intending to buy the external cased one so I'd be a bit concerned about it getting stolen and wouldn't want to have to keep an eagle eye on it all weekend.

Actually, I need to book my hotel!

Optimus

If there are traders who sell old stuff, maybe I could get another CPC for home. Or some more rare retro stuff. Gotta carry a bag :P

Nich

Quote from: MartinW on 19:30, 09 April 13

Revival
Yes, I plan to be at the event. I can't bring any CPC hardware with me, though.

MartinW

Just going over this again and I think the lack of Amstrad representation needs to be addressed :)

So, I'm going, and I'm already there as someone supplying a pinball so to take a 6128 would not be a problem. I have an HxC shipping today which in the end, I went for a bare one with red display (far more retro!). I'm pretty comfortable that between now and the event I can work out a way to mount it internally that would be as thief proof as it can be, whilst also being able to be reversed when I get home if I want to.

SO, TMR: would you like to have an Amstrad there with some of the modern (and other) titles on it? Obviously I have no idea what table space you have been allotted, whether you have any spare or anything? Or, alternatively I guess I could get in touch with the organisers and get a table nearby and also take my BBC Master, Vectrex, etc.? Thinking aloud mostly at this stage of course! Feel free to drop me a PM...

TFM

By accident I will be in Gemany at this weekend, somebody from Germany going there ???
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TMR

MartinW

:) I do apologise for my lateness replying - I have been off ill and it was my first day back yesterday so I ended up a bit wiped out at the end of the day!

So anyway, yep, sorted.

khisanth

I have a ticket for the Saturday and looking forward to it  :P

MartinW

OK, I have to confess to having a whole world of unexpected and unwanted personal stuff go on over the last week and a half which is why I've not been around much. Right now, my attendance is entirely in doubt. I've got to have the whole "do you stay at home and look after things while I go on my own, or do we both not go" conversation with my Mrs this week. As soon as I've had that conversation I can PM and update.

TheCorfiot

I will be there on Sunday.

Anyone can come find me on the Amibay stand

TC  :)

TMR

Revival was fun, there's a couple of pictures on my blog if anyone is interested. =-)

ralferoo

Thanks for posting the pictures. I didn't make it along in the end as the brake pads on my car got so bad that the discs had started to be scratched away so I decided not to risk destroying them completely...  >:(

Still, looks like fun was had by all! :)