News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RIP Alfonso Azpiri

Started by robcfg, 22:39, 18 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

Alfonso Azpiri, the great spanish illustrator which did a lot of covers of spanish games from Dinamic and Topo Soft among others, has passed away.

He wasn't only a great illustrator but a very nice man, devoted to his fans.

I knew him personally and he was always kind and nice.

Rest in peace, maestro!

||C|-|E||

Azpiri has died? I had no idea!! It is certainly a great, great loss!  :'( :'(

Gryzor

You know you're following too many Spaniards on Twitter when your timeline lights up with an unknown name. But, I looked him up and indeed I did know his work...

Carnivius

One of my fave artists and I hadn't realise until last night that his twitter account follows mine.  I was hoping to ask if he'd do some art for me like I believe he's done for other homebrew but alas it was not to be.  He seemed like a lovely guy and his artwork is always so striking and fantastic (and not for kids)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

XeNoMoRPH

rip , my favourite illustrator :(
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

||C|-|E||

Many of us grew with him an his art, I even had posters of Lorna in my room  :) . I had the chance to meet him in person when I was already in my 20s and it was a great pleasure. The covers of Camelot Warriors, Titanic, Abu Simbel, and many other games will be always in my mind. I even happen to have quite a few books with his drawings, a some comics too. Yeah... a great loss, and a part of my childhood that goes with him.