News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Roland Radio - Your Amstrad Chiptune Broadcaster

Started by XyphoesRe, 08:39, 08 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

XyphoesRe

Hi there. I want to annonce, that our new radio station called "Roland Radio" now is official online. We are streaming the finest Amstrad CPC tunes as 128 kbit/s mp3 streams in stereo and mono and also have a 64 kbit/s ogg stream set up.
You can find a track list showing the latest 128 tracks played also as webplayer and all informations about the Roland Radio in the news section.
Follow us on twitter @cpcradio or on Facebook - get in touch with the greatest tunes on cpc.

A big thank you to targhan for giving us his collection of cpc tunes for our databases.
And now: tune in!
Roland Radio | Amstrad CPC music & very much more

XyphoesRe

You like the music of Targhan? So you will love our special program on every Wednesday. Enjoy the best CPC tunes from Targhan from 13:00 to 14:00. You'll love it. Check out the schedule at Roland Radio | Amstrad CPC music & very much more

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Targhan

Great stuff :). Glad you could release this so quickly! It's a rare event on CPC :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

XyphoesRe

villain

Quote from: XyphoesRe on 20:48, 08 April 15Mr. Quickly they call me sometimes  :P

Even Randy does? ;-)

Need to integrate the stream into the Radio-plugin of XBMC. m3u should work, I think...

XyphoesRe

Yes, you can also add the new MONO-Stream for the STEREO-Hater :-) like me :-)

XyphoesRe

Do it like some others did before! Send us your voice like MaV did:
http://rolandradio.net/jingles/mav-en.mp3

record your voice like in the sample above if you add some greetings and what you think should be on the radio. email your track as MP3 or any other sound format to info@rolandradio.net. We add some nice CPC music and play it on the Radio. Check our track list on Roland Radio | Amstrad CPC music & very much more

And if you like - you can also send us a version in your mother tongue like Optimus did:
http://rolandradio.net/jingles/optimus-gr.mp3

Neil79

I've listened to this all day! Bloody fantastic
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CraigsBar

Quote from: Neil79 on 22:58, 09 April 15
I've listened to this all day! Bloody fantastic
I'm not the only one then. I love the hourly beeps.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:40, 10 April 15
I'm not the only one then. I love the hourly beeps.

hah Yeh, the only thing that threw me was the interview :p

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

XyphoesRe

Great that you all like Roland Radio.

If you have any questions, ideas, improvements, suggestions, fruit cake - write a message.

XyphoesRe

We now have added an small external Radio Player which you can use from our homepage. A small window will pop up in your browser and plays Roland Radio. Also the information about artist and track are updating now so you can see what you are listening.
Check our Homepage Roland Radio - Amstrad CPC music & very much more and start listening to Roland Radio.

Thats what the player looks like:

Neil79

I can't stop listening !

NEVER CLOSE IT DOWN, EVER!

XyphoesRe

At the moment we are in maintenance mode :-) We have to update three(!) wiondows pcs. Last update was 2012, so it is really necessary. at the moment we are updating the main studio pc, so kangaroo sits in front of the displays and also plays with the mixer and checks if everything is ok. hopefully we will be back in normal mode at 9pm, so we can continue to send the finest CPC music :-)=

TFM

Nice to see, how this all evolves. Can we add our own (CPC) songs too? Or is already "full". Guess Targhans collection is really big.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

XyphoesRe

If you have some nice MP3 of CPC tunes you can send them to info@rolandradio.net If you should have a huge collection we also can give you access to our FTP system where you can upload a few gigabytes.

XyphoesRe

As Roland Radio was down today for two hours due to Windows updates, we decided to make a nice Maintenance Mode Song for Roland to sing along in loops during the next maintenance :-)

This is the File:
http://rolandradio.net/radio/maintenance.mp3

Neil79

TCMSLP

I've been listening to Roland Radio the last few days.  Very nice! 

My only comment would be some tracks are too short - perhaps the shorter tracks should be allowed to repeat twice (I know probably not practical unless they're converted to streaming format on the fly?)  :)

Steve
TCM/SLP

XyphoesRe

Hi. they are converted on the fly from flac format into m3p and ogg for streaming. But as they all have a fade out at the end  >:(  its not possible to loop them without having a gap.
So what i will do next is to remove all the tracks < 15 seconds to the jingles section, so they will only be played on our cartwall and/or before and after station ids and stuff. That will be the best to handle it. also i then can do a kind of "jingle show" or some contest "guess the jingle" :-)

TCMSLP

I thought you may have converted them from a module format on the fly.

It's not really a big issue - just occasionally I'll start to enjoy something for it to then end abruptly :)

Roland Radio is currently keeping me sane at work.

Steve

Targhan

Personally, I like the jingles and wouldn't remove them! They are part of the whole experience :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime