News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Roland Radio - Your Amstrad Chiptune Broadcaster

Started by XyphoesRe, 08:39, 08 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

XyphoesRe

Neil79

Any idea what keeps causing this on RR?

Decoding failure at 0:37.590 (Connection error):
"http://streaming.rt.cmo.de:8000/rolandradio";
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Carnivius

It's currently 00:45 GMT and I'm up late working on Cosmic Prison Commando while the catchy and somewhat spooky theme from Prince of the Yolk Folk plays on Roland Radio streaming through my Winamp.   Good times.  :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Neil79

Decoding failure at 3:56.884 (Connection error):
"http://streaming.rt.cmo.de:8000/rolandradio.ogg";

And again, it was fine pre maintenance
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

XyphoesRe

We have no issues here we know. You can try the mono stream or the ogg stream.
But: we will change streaming server to a newer version at the weekend i think. So we also wil add 64 kBit/s-Streams for MP3 stereo and mono i think.

Neil79

Quote from: Roland Radio on 12:13, 15 April 15
We have no issues here we know. You can try the mono stream or the ogg stream.
But: we will change streaming server to a newer version at the weekend i think. So we also wil add 64 kBit/s-Streams for MP3 stereo and mono i think.

Cheers, shame really as it was fine before the maintenance.  The other radio stations are fine that I also listen too :/

XyphoesRe

I'll check the system later today.
does anybody else have problems with the stream?
As i can not see any problems and the stream was 100% available today (as i listened to it) :D

But i'll check.

TFM

Well, yes, it's like it arrives "chunky"... how can I say that... like a slow Skype connection.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

XyphoesRe

On any "problems" you want to tell me, i need the following informations:

• Which Player do you use (Name, Version, OS)
  • Which Stream do you Use (128K Stereo MP3, 128K Mono MP3, 64K Stereo Ogg)
  • Which time (german time please) and date you have had the Problem
With this informations i am able to check the log files to approve that you've been listening and that there was a downtime of the stream service or anything else.

Without these informations i can not even tell if it's dark outside or not. So please - if you report problems do this as detailed as possible. As i am listening itself to the radiostream the whole day i have not registered any issues which not was later proven to be a track of crittersoap or crown :-)

Octoate

No problems here. I used VLC and the stream which Neil79 posted in a previous posting.
--

Neil79

Using Foobar, Mono stream!

I think the problem is the internet connection at my family home, not the beastly one at my place. Usually when the bandwith is a problem on any other radio player it cuts out and cuts back in again, however on Roland Radio, any form of break or lag causes a complete shut down of the stream.

Does this make sense?  :)

XyphoesRe

Yes, makes sense  ;D  NO Roland Radio is better than stuttering Roland Radio  :P

Maybe i should set up a 64 kBit/s stream? But i also switched today from "real stereo" to joint stereo wich reduces bandwith and increases quality

TFM

Using the internet address and online player, it seems to work pretty well now. Don't know it you changed something or it the net is just more free now. Good work anyway!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Neil79

Quote from: Roland Radio on 19:53, 16 April 15
Yes, makes sense  ;D  NO Roland Radio is better than stuttering Roland Radio  :P

Maybe i should set up a 64 kBit/s stream? But i also switched today from "real stereo" to joint stereo wich reduces bandwith and increases quality

That would be good ^, for people with really poor internets..

At home I can use the full wack, Fibre Optic :D

XyphoesRe

NoRecess wanted it, and so we did it :-)
We now have a new streaming server set up wich not only runs on Port 8000 like the most shoutcast/icecast player expect, but you also can use now Port 80 for "listening through firewalls" at the office during work time. Yay!.

Check our the brand new IceCast2-Server at: Roland Radio Streaming Media Server

XyphoesRe

I have implemented a first, small "rating" system, so you can now give +1 / -1 to the tracks at the track list.

Roland Radio track list | Roland Radio

I will make this a bit nicer in coding and optics soon.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

XyphoesRe

no, because we want to see, which tracks are great and which are not. if a track is rated too high in a negative way it will only be played on request on the station. if we do this only in giving "points" we have to define the "play it"-level over and over again.-

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Roland Radio on 16:32, 26 April 15
I have implemented a first, small "rating" system, so you can now give +1 / -1 to the tracks at the track list.

This is a great addition to an already amazing web-site/radio. However, I have just "+1" TURBO BOAT SIMULATOR 15 times and now it's #1 on the Top Ten list. Is there any way of stopping people from abusing this new feature?

XyphoesRe

Yes, we will add some routines to avoid "up/down"-voting  :-*
But this takes a while. as i coded the last time as php/fi was actual (google it) i need some time to get in touch with those nice new things in php5 and jQuery and stuff. not that easy for an old Roland :-)

I just start to implement those basic functions and will do the "dont abuse"-stuff later on. As i have to modify the databases behind while i learn how to combine things and functions :-)

So at the moment the Radio Station is posting the played tracks, i add them to the databases and on the same second they appear at the artists page if not already listed. Lot to do. But it will get better and better from weekend to weekend :-)

TFM

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 18:12, 26 April 15
This is a great addition to an already amazing web-site/radio. However, I have just "+1" TURBO BOAT SIMULATOR 15 times and now it's #1 on the Top Ten list. Is there any way of stopping people from abusing this new feature?

Yes, there is: Just don't do it!
TFM of FutureSoft

Targhan

I admit I don't think it's a good idea to rate music. For your own music collection, it's relevant, but no that much for a CPC radio. Music is a very subjective thing. For example, you might want to love the "Ranarama" music because it's a great game and it reminds you fond memories. Yet, the music isn't very good, objectively speaking :). Yet it has the right to be played as much as "Space Debris by BSC", because the guy that loves playing Ranarama maybe didn't give a crap about the demo Space Debris first appeared in.

I am more for a "play it soon!" button that would program the song in a while, with a security for preventing it from being played too often.

Just my 2 cents...

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

XyphoesRe

at the moment its just a "rate" music fuction. very raw. not implemented in anything.
i am thinking about to pair rates with profiles so you have your own "top10" and a kind of mark for your most loved sounds but its very very rare at the moment. i try to refresh my coding skillz with this little project. who knows where it will end up :-)

Targhan

What could maybe be a good idea would be to have an "all star songs" session for one hour that would only play the highest rated songs.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

villain

Quote from: Targhan on 23:58, 26 April 15
What could maybe be a good idea would be to have an "all star songs" session for one hour that would only play the highest rated songs.
I like the idea, even if I think the songs will be the same for ages... So it might get a bit boring over the years.