News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Teodoro No Sabe Volar - preview

Started by Nich, 18:37, 17 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

McKlain

Tio, mola ver que sigues en activo  ;D

remax

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:27, 19 November 12
I also found the graphics somewhat "à la rick dangerous"

I thought the same on some screens.

Well, it's a positive thing of course!
Brain Radioactivity

Metr

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:27, 19 November 12
but still... both platform "à la Jet set Willy".

I don't get the "Jet Set Willy" clone relation O_o You talking about screens/platforms?

MacDeath

Yes... fixed screen (no scrolling) and mostly exploration, just jumping, collect items.
This game will be perfect as a Christmas release... hurry up, just 1 month remaining. ;)

(Forget about a french version, English and Spanish are more than enough for any french to understand, it's not like it is a text based adventure game...)

Gryzor

Quote from: remaxQuote from: MacDeath on Yesterday at 22:27:55I also found the graphics somewhat "à la rick dangerous"

I thought the same on some screens.

Well, it's a positive thing of course!
Most definitely so. Wouldn't mind if it was RDIII!

MacDeath

QuoteWouldn't mind if it was RDIII!
RDIII is actually called Tomb Raider,and Rick grew a big pair in the process. ;)

BTW, I re-read the post from the developer.

ZilogZ80a...

I guess it is nice to try to put a nice game for a Tape CPC464... but I also guess it must be more than frustrating.

While the spectrum version is obviously Speccy48... is a Speccy128 version in development ?
What are the specification for the MSX version ? is this a 64k version too ?

If you really want to have sweet pictures during the menu, cinematic screens and storytelling, you should keep this for 128k versions instead of trying too hard to avoid "multiloading for tapes"

Most average CPC users do have access to a 6128 unit.
And most actually serious 464 only users (how can it be serious guys ?) may have Disk drive or Ram extension anyway.

Same for Speccy, i guess the amstrad produced speccy+2 are more than common amongst the collectionners.
And most MSX avid fans may have extra RAM and MSX2 specs at least, the problem for the MSX version could even be solved with a caretridge version i guess.

BTW I like this Spanish approach to give "crossdev" versions for those three Z80 computers ranges (and also C64 as well).
I like it when a game manage to be great on all those 8 bit systems... think about Barbairan (palace soft) whio was great on every released system...

What about the Enterprise64/128 ?
I guess it could be quite easy to do a straight Amstrad port on this system*, which could be fun an open an eastern European market... ;)

*of course some slight graphical edition of the tileset/sprites in order to take account of the sweet nice enterprise64/128 colour palette would be sweet too...

And please be kind to perhaps also do some Amstrad PLUS special features if you aim at a 128k version.
I mean, better palette, the main player sprite in High resolution (Hardsprite)... many things could happen while still being easy implementations. :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 17:55, 21 November 12
I was thinking about an enterprise 64 version of one of my work-in-progress games, but it would come last after cpc, plus and pcw.

The "problem" is in 16-colour mode, you can freely choose the r,g,b of the first 8 colours. The next 8 colours are calculated using it's "fixbias" register. So it's not quite as easy as cpc for colour selection for your pens.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

MacDeath

Well, it then mostly means you must wisely re-assign most inks in order to account for this enterprise limitation, but I guess this can be more triky as it seems...

Still to port on the enterprise quite straightly from the CPC is fairly do-able, but i guess it would need some support from the active Enterprise community, and here the language barrier must be quite strong. ::)

I gues if you can only provide them a sourcecode and chat a few time, they would be happy to do it, I mean, they are some kind of "cousins" to the Speccy/CPC community after all and they have experience for that.

nice MSX graphic.
sweet avoidance of attribute clashes.
And nice cartoonish style.

Can't wait for the CPC proper release.

McKlain

Let them finish the 64k version, let's not add more pressure please  ;D

MacDeath

Of course... just that they will be sacrificed ritually if they don't do a nice game !!!
;D

BTW, I couldn't find any decent sources concerning the Enterprise computer and its palette and limitations... could anyone give some interesting link ?

ZilogZ80a

Quote from: MacDeath on 17:55, 21 November 12
RDIII is actually called Tomb Raider,and Rick grew a big pair in the process. ;)

BTW, I re-read the post from the developer.

ZilogZ80a...

I guess it is nice to try to put a nice game for a Tape CPC464... but I also guess it must be more than frustrating.

While the spectrum version is obviously Speccy48... is a Speccy128 version in development ?
What are the specification for the MSX version ? is this a 64k version too ?

If you really want to have sweet pictures during the menu, cinematic screens and storytelling, you should keep this for 128k versions instead of trying too hard to avoid "multiloading for tapes"

Most average CPC users do have access to a 6128 unit.
And most actually serious 464 only users (how can it be serious guys ?) may have Disk drive or Ram extension anyway.

Same for Speccy, i guess the amstrad produced speccy+2 are more than common amongst the collectionners.
And most MSX avid fans may have extra RAM and MSX2 specs at least, the problem for the MSX version could even be solved with a caretridge version i guess.

BTW I like this Spanish approach to give "crossdev" versions for those three Z80 computers ranges (and also C64 as well).
I like it when a game manage to be great on all those 8 bit systems... think about Barbairan (palace soft) whio was great on every released system...

I guess it could be quite easy to do a straight Amstrad port on this system*, which could be fun an open an eastern European market... ;)

*of course some slight graphical edition of the tileset/sprites in order to take account of the sweet nice enterprise64/128 colour palette would be sweet too...

And please be kind to perhaps also do some Amstrad PLUS special features if you aim at a 128k version.
I mean, better palette, the main player sprite in High resolution (Hardsprite)... many things could happen while still being easy implementations. :)

I was one of the founding partners of NEW FRONTIER back in the 80s.

Since about 10 years ago made ​​a didactic work, teaching people how to make video games for MSX in Assembler. creating a chapters. Besides creating a platform game with high quality and all its open source code and with many comments.

Although this is my first game for Amstrad game level has great quality and speed of fact I have to stop it to make it more playable. plus lots of gaming experience.

64kb uses this game, but the double-screen hardware, 1 screen in # 8000 and 2 screen in #C000  that lets me 32Kb of RAM, since each screen consumes 16kb. By creating a smaller screen size I have a few blocks of 512kb. for use.

But still, the whole game with their music-sfxs. Besides including the game's history and the history of the end of the game. for 464 without multi-load.

The MSX version is for MSX1 or higher and occupies only 32kB of ROM will be done with physical distribution in cartridge.

The version for the CPC 6128 will occur in 3" disks and incorporated improvements to provide more space for code and graphics.

I'm also helping in the realization of the Commodore 64 version

Axelay

Will this be available to buy outside of Retro Madrid?

SyX

Quote from: Axelay on 07:15, 24 November 12
Will this be available to buy outside of Retro Madrid?
Of course, Teodoro will appear in the RetroWorks online shop, too ;) ... but you lose the nice Pagantipaco customizations :P

Gryzor

Axelay

Quote from: SyX on 11:43, 24 November 12
Of course, Teodoro will appear in the RetroWorks online shop, too ;) ... but you lose the nice Pagantipaco customizations :P

OK, thanks, I'll keep an eye on the store then.  I think Madrid would be a bit too much of a hike for me.  :P

SyX

Quote from: Axelay on 07:13, 25 November 12

OK, thanks, I'll keep an eye on the store then.  I think Madrid would be a bit too much of a hike for me.  :P
Can't  you use "the Fall" ? :P

Gryzor

Axelay

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:20, 26 November 12
Oooh nice reference!

Btw: Wolfram|Alpha Blog : The Science of Total Recall

Well that's a relief, a reference I couldn't work out because I haven't seen the film!

Gryzor

It was nice. Not a fantastic movie, but very enjoyable, and for P.K. Dick fans it was a light and well done take on his theme.

SyX

Gryzor

khisanth

Awesome looking game, wish I had seen this sooner !!!

;D

TotO

About a 128K version, like I said on the CPC Rulez french forum, I though it was better to make a next episode (Teodoro now sabe volar!) using full capabilities :
- double buffer display
- more tiles and sprite variety
- some environement tunes (not only one music)
- 8 keys to find
- better moves

This 64K version is so promising, than only patching it for 128K stuff will be a shame. ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Well, I think it's a good idea, but also so much more work...

ZilogZ80a

I've got to have enough space to have the story start and end of the game.

Today I finished incorporate English language version.

There is only a few CHRs end graphics missing in the stories and the graphic designer has to send me DaDMaN.

And with that the game will be completely finished and can be run on a CPC 464.

After that will come a slightly improved version and disk for CPC 6128.

I've compiled a special version for CPC WIKI including 16 screens, so if you ever go crazy screen the game already know it happens.

Almost everyone prefers that the protagonist moves fast, but after trying it I'd love to hear your feedback.

A greeting.

The key options for the game are these three, depending on what we click on the menu of the game.

1-keys OPQA + space
2-Cursor + Space
3-Joystick + Button1

SNAPSHOT for WINAPE