News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Octoate's News - CPCRetroDev 2016 – over 1000 EUR in prices!

Started by NewsBot, 00:01, 20 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

CPCRetroDev 2016 – over 1000 EUR in prices!
19 May 2016, 10:45 pm

After the awesome success of the last CPCRetroDev last year it is time for a new game competition in 2016, isn’t it? This year there are even higher prices, which you can win with your game in different categories. As usual the competition is organised by the University of Alicante / Spain and aims to award the best and creative game developers, who create a game for an unmodified Amstrad CPC 464. The deadline for this years competition is the 26th October 2016, 23:59h (CEST), so don’t waste any time and start the development of your awesome game.

If you are not familiar with development for the Amstrad CPC, you can have a look at the CPCtelera game development kit, the great programming tutorials on CPCMania, the CPCrslib programming library or cpcitor's development toolchain. There is also a category for Locomotive BASIC programs and you can find help in the CPCWiki forums.

You can achieve the following awards (all in all about 1.050 EUR!!!):

Special awards

PRO category

• 300€ – Best game
  • 150€ – Second best game
  • 75€ – Third best game
BASIC category

• 100€ – Best BASIC game
  • 50€ – Second best BASIC game
…and there will also be a physical cassette edition with all 2016 games, too.

You can get more information about the competition rules and about the competition itself on the CPCRetroDev 2016 homepage. Be sure to participate and bring your creative game ideas to the Amstrad CPC.

© Octoate for The Amstrad CPC news portal, 2016. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us  Post tags: 2016, competition, cpcgamedev, cpcrslib, cpctelera, development, game

CPC-Topsites  Related posts:

Source: The Amstrad CPC news portal

---
This news item first appeared on Octoate's Blog and was aggregated through RSS for the forum.
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

AMSDOS

Thought I'd post a Silly Query here because I'm am so paranoid when it comes to handing out Bank Details over the Internet, I guess I'm answering myself just assume that everyone would just hand over a PayPal Account number and the reward money simply goes into it, but that wasn't mentioned in the rules, which is why I'm posting here.  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3