News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Video Game Market Sales Fair - Leeds THIS SATURDAY!!!

Started by bobpard, 11:17, 18 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

bobpard

BIG UPDATE TIME!

Video Game Market
Leeds Town Hall - Saturday 15th March 2014

Open 10am - 4pm
1,000s Of Video Games
Collectibles, Merch & more
Everything From Spectrum, SNES, Dreamcast To PlayStation 4

Fed up of missing the bargains at the car boot sales? Annoyed at the frequent bidding wars on online auction sites? Prefer to inspect your item before buying? You're in luck!

On Saturday 15th March 2014 RetroCollect is hosting the very first UK Video Game Market in the centre of Leeds. This event will host up to 40 different traders/sellers each with their own stock of video games - old and new - allowing you to shop to your heart's content, in person, without the early morning starts or the constant refreshing to check your bids.

Expect to see countless retro & modern games, rare titles, Japanese & US import releases, video game merchandise, toys, comics & books, strategy guides, modified consoles and much much more!

And last but not least, be sure to bring along your spare games and unwanted titles. Trading is very much encouraged, and who knows, you may find that your gaming holy grail is within reach through part-exchanging and some old-fashioned car boot sale style haggling!

Find Out More Here!

------

Now you can LIKE our page on FACEBOOK
Now you can JOIN our group on FACEBOOK

And also follow us on TWITTER  for regular updates and retro gaming banter too :-)

-------

Gryzor

arnoldemu

Quote from: bobpard on 20:10, 03 January 14
come on over anyway :-)  make a weekend of it  :D
I plan to go to this and see what there is to buy. I hope there may be some of the newer cpc releases there.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Well, maybe you have to bring em there ... Have fun!  :) 
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Quote from: bobpard on 20:10, 03 January 14
come on over anyway :-)  make a weekend of it  :D

Yeah, I'm sure the missus would be VERY happy for me to spend a wad of cash on traveling abroad for such an event :D

BluesBrothers

I will be there and will have a stall. Hope to have a range of CPC dust covers available along with the usual selection of software and a load of other classic gaming over a multitude of platforms.

It would be awesome to see some Wiki members there 8)

Quote from: Gryzor on 20:09, 04 January 14

Yeah, I'm sure the missus would be VERY happy for me to spend a wad of cash on traveling abroad for such an event :D

Just tell her it's all about promoting the Wiki. You could even bring her along and make a holiday of it, there is some very nice places to visit in Yorkshire (unfortunately Leeds isn't one of them)  ;)

Gryzor

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:28, 10 January 14
Hey, you got CPC covers? I need a couple!

I am having a couple of CPC's and a number of other machines fitted for newly made dust covers a fortnight from now and from then until the 15th March production is most likely going to be flat out building up stock for the event. Once the event is over I will be better situated to put these up for general release. More news will follow once I know a little more myself

BluesBrothers

Any members here decided whether or not they're likely to attend yet?

TMR

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 06:15, 12 January 14
Any members here decided whether or not they're likely to attend yet?

The odds are very good that i'll be there with my beloved since we're based in Leeds and know the Retro Collect bunnies from a couple of get-togethers organised through the Retro Gamer forums.

i'll be the one carrying a C64 under my arm for identification or something. =-)

BluesBrothers

Quote from: TMR on 11:59, 12 January 14
The odds are very good that i'll be there with my beloved since we're based in Leeds and know the Retro Collect bunnies from a couple of get-togethers organised through the Retro Gamer forums.

i'll be the one carrying a C64 under my arm for identification or something. =-)

Well you could do that with a CPC464 cos you'd need one hell of a turning circle - a bit like carrying a set of ladders :laugh:

Look forward to seeing you there. ;)

bobpard

Quote from: TFM on 21:58, 03 January 14
Well, maybe you have to bring em there ... Have fun!  :)

I would love to come over and do a sales fair :-)  You never know, if this is a success then why not :-)

BluesBrothers

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 21:46, 10 January 14
I am having a couple of CPC's and a number of other machines fitted for newly made dust covers a fortnight from now and from then until the 15th March production is most likely going to be flat out building up stock for the event. Once the event is over I will be better situated to put these up for general release. More news will follow once I know a little more myself

And now thanks to Redbox I will have a 664 which I can fit for a dust cover so should have these too :P

BluesBrothers

Quote from: bobpard on 19:20, 14 January 14

I would love to come over and do a sales fair :-)  You never know, if this is a success then why not :-)

Could do a European tour, now that would be cool 8), though in truth I think my misses would be pissed >:(

TFM

If you ever come to New Orleans... there will be a place to sleep and extraordinary food. I already ordered an american CTM, but still wait for it to arrive...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

BluesBrothers

I'd love to come to New Orleans buddy but unfortunately I've been a bad boy in the past and they would not let me in to the US. They are amazingly anal over quite slight mistermeaners. I'm a huge fan of Blues and Jazz so New Orleans is like Mecca for me. Oh well, what can I say - I was young:-[

bobpard

MASSIVE UPDATE TIME!! Full list of sellers at the Video Game Market . There are still some more announcements to come too! If everyone could spread the word that would be amazing, hope to see you all there

RetroCollect Presents...

[size=200]Video Game Market[/size]
[size=150]Leeds Town Hall - Saturday 15th March 2014[/size]

Open 10am - 4pm
1,000s Of Video Games
Collectibles, Merch & more
Everything From Spectrum, SNES, Dreamcast To PlayStation 4

Fed up of missing the bargains at the car boot sales? Annoyed at the frequent bidding wars on online auction sites? Prefer to inspect your item before buying? You're in luck!

On Saturday 15th March 2014 RetroCollect is hosting the very first UK Video Game Market in the centre of Leeds. This event will host up to 40 different traders/sellers each with their own stock of video games - old and new - allowing you to shop to your heart's content, in person, without the early morning starts or the constant refreshing to check your bids.

Expect to see countless retro & modern games, rare titles, Japanese & US import releases, video game merchandise, toys, comics & books, strategy guides, modified consoles and much much more!

And last but not least, be sure to bring along your spare games and unwanted titles. Trading is very much encouraged, and who knows, you may find that your gaming holy grail is within reach through part-exchanging and some old-fashioned car boot sale style haggling!

[size=150]Find Out More Here![/size]

------

Now you can LIKE our page on FACEBOOK
Now you can JOIN our group on FACEBOOK

And also follow us on TWITTER  for regular updates and retro gaming banter too :-)

-------

TMR

Quote from: bobpard on 01:47, 02 March 14
only 2 weeks to go now guys!

Yays! i'm still not sure if i'll turn up with a C64 under my arm or not... either way, currently got a ridiculously large beard and will probably be wearing a bright red Coca Cola hoodie. =-)

Bryce

Hmmmm, lots of facial hair and a bright red coca cola hoody. I'm sure I've seen you around somewhere lately.....

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5039/5912856160_ab526656c2_m.jpg

Bryce.

BluesBrothers

Quote from: TMR on 13:15, 03 March 14
Yays! i'm still not sure if i'll turn up with a C64 under my arm or not... either way, currently got a ridiculously large beard and will probably be wearing a bright red Coca Cola hoodie. =-)

Come and see me when you're there and I'll try and ensure you leave with a CPC under your arm instead :D

TMR

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 01:34, 04 March 14
Come and see me when you're there and I'll try and ensure you leave with a CPC under your arm instead :D

i already have two (well, one and a half since the 6128 didn't come with a monitor or floppy drive and is waiting for funds to be found for a "renovation")... but i have over twenty C64s so they're easier to find around the house at short notice. =-)

sigh

I wont be able to make it down.

If I was, I would of liked to have purchased an Panasonic MSX +2, C64, some CPC Plus games, some Amiga games and Wild Guns for the SNES.

I dont really have anything to sell anymore, though I do have some Japanese Sega Saturn imports which haven't been getting much use lately. I know if I were to sell them, I would later on regret it!