News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AY music on Spotify

Started by adolfo.pa, 11:17, 14 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

adolfo.pa

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been building up a chiptune/Amiga song collection on Spotify, and while I found a ton of SID/Amiga music, there seems not to be a lot of AY songs out there.

For the moment, the only things that I've found are Dubmood (Atari ST) and the Speccy Works remix by Allister Brimble. Do you guys know about any other musicians on Spotify that may be using the AY chips? It doesn't need to be game or CPC related; anything that uses AY sounds is ok with me.

Thanks!

Gryzor

Ah, Dubmood is really, really great!

Bu sorry, haven't found much else either...

adolfo.pa

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:28, 19 February 18
Ah, Dubmood is really, really great!

Yep, Dubmood is seriously awesome :-) In fact, he's the reason I started looking for AY music on Spotify. Sadly, there's not much more out there, basically Dubmood, Gem TOS and a couple of songs by Response of the Darklite.

tastefulmrship

I just did a quick search and found these on Spotify:

Ultrasyd
Alex Mauer
BrentalFloss (Not AY, but game related)
Goto80
Pingo
William Thurin
Little Bitchard (Demoscene Music)
Machinae Supremacy (Metal game remixes)
Paniq (Demoscene Music)
MisfitChris
MISTER BEEP
Norrin Radd (Very impressive .xm music)
PRESS PLAY ON TAPE (C64 remixes)
Sound Of Games
Visa Roster (C64 vocalized)
Yerzmyey

Also check the "8-Bit Peoples" website and search for some of those artists on Spotify... as they are all AY/YM & GB chiptune artists!
Try the likes of Wayfinder, Ronny, hoffman, Puryx, etc for Amiga, C64 and demoscene musics.

EDIT: Scrub that; here are the 8-Bit Peoples artists on Spotify;

8GB
Anamanaguchi
Animal Style
Aonami
Bit Shifter
Cheapshot
Coleco Music
David Sugar
Depreciation Guild (Some AY sounds)
Doomcloud
MONODEER
Mr. Spastic
Dorothy's Magic Bag
Glomag
gwEm & Counter Reset (8-bit rap)
Handheld Soundsystem
J. Arthur Keenes Band
Jellica
Knife City
Kplecraft
Kris Keyser
L-Tron
Mark DeNardo
Zelda and the Unibrows
Minusbaby
Nullsleep
Paza (The X-Dump)
Psilodump
Rainbowdragoneyes
Receptors
RushJet1
Sabastian Boaz
Saskrotch
starPause
Starscream
Sulumi
Tangible
Trash80
U.S.K.
X-Dump
Xinon
Yuppster
ZEN ALBATROSS

Finally, search for "ZX SPECTRUM". There's a playlist called "ZX SPECTRUM CHIPTUNES ONLY". No guessing what that contains!

adolfo.pa

Thanks @SuTeKH/Epyteor

Most don't match what I'm looking for (a lot of them sound like SID/NES/GB chiptunes), but Yerzmyey is awesome. I had listened to some of his tracks in Soundcloud, but I had forgotten about him somehow  :doh: And it's a shame so few of Ultrasyd's tracks are on Spotify, he has some pretty nifty Amstrad CPC ones  :)

I'll definitely check out the 8 bit peoples site

Thanks!

Gryzor

Some of Yerzmyey's stuff is awesome indeed, didn't know he was on Spotify! Ultrasyd i had forgotten, time to add some to my playlist!

But indeed, the rest are mostly generic chiptune stuff, not really AY related. Btw, Visa Roster have dome some great remixes :)

adolfo.pa

Here's the link to the playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/adolfo.pa/playlist/34qhLJvZPEvEUWgLmUQc40?si=CrvOubQPQcOpBlXVc2Qr2A

I wasn't very selective (I simply added whole albums to it) nor comprehensive, so it's kind of crap. But hey, it's a start :-)

Also, I've made it Collaborative; no idea how that works, but I suppose that allows anyone to suggest/add new songs. If you want your favourite song there, feel free to add it to the list. Anything that has an AY "feeling" (including remixes) is welcome.

Thanks!

Gryzor

...aaand followed :)

Play Music, anyone? :D