News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bought another 464

Started by Vyper68, 09:29, 10 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Quote from: tjohnson on 00:18, 19 January 18
Hmmm, so a working Amstrad disappeared but then he found a broken one in it's place instead which generously he will sell for £5 less.  Probably a deal if you paid £5 in the first place, otherwise less so.

I'm having fund with an old computer I listed on ebay collection only, cash on collection that the buyer has paid with paypal.  Looks like I could get my first bit of negative feedback after 15 years on this one, as I can't accept paypal and collection.  Anyone got any advice on this?

He could only have paid with Paypal if you offered Paypal in the advert, so he is in the right and you'll just have to accept the Paypal / Collection situation this time.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Unfortunately ebay forces paypal option when listing even when collecting so a buyer can chose that option even when they shouldn't.  in hindsight i should have included an expensive postage option to discourage that and then insisted on postage.   I'm hoping to work it out with the buyer and cancel the sale and relist it for them but why they couldn't just read the advert which clearly said cash on collection. I find that quite annoying.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

chinnyhill10

Quote from: tjohnson on 08:41, 19 January 18
why they couldn't just read the advert which clearly said cash on collection. I find that quite annoying.

It's in the T&C's of Ebay that you offer Paypal. Don't like it, don't use the site. It's not the buyers fault.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

tjohnson

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 11:47, 21 January 18

It's in the T&C's of Ebay that you offer Paypal. Don't like it, don't use the site. It's not the buyers fault.

There are good reasons why paypal isn't ideal for collection, but its fine I have solved it with the buyer.  Next time I'll add a delivery option but make it a tad expensive.

Vyper68

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 11:47, 21 January 18

I didn't realise you had to offer PayPal these days. I can remember the old days of Postal Orders, Cheques and then a new fangled thing called Nochex. I think eBay and PayPal are still part of the same group of group of companies. So they get a bite at the cherry twice. There was talk of them being split apart again but i'm not sure if that has happended yet.

Still haven't got another 464 yet but the M4 is on it's way so happy days.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Bryce

On paper they split, in reality, who knows?

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 12:10, 01 February 18
On paper they split, in reality, who knows?

Bryce.

Basically, they split in 2014. But they have an agreement which takes them for another two years up until 2020.
That's when the game will change.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Haaa-ha!

And yes, Paypal was obligatory (except for pick-ups, I think) for every sale/auction, though you could have more payment options if necessary. I think.

sirius631

Hi Guys,

Just joined and wanted to answer the original question.  :P

I currently have 4x CPC464. Number one is original and unmolested. Number 2 is in bits. Number 3(a) was bought on eBay, repaired with bits from number 2 and resold on eBay, number 3(b) was bought on eBay, repaired with spare bits from 3(a) which would have gone back into number 2, and slightly modified so that I don't have to run another power line into the monitor to SCART lead. Number 4 is sitting, untested, and is waiting for me to build a new power pack and SCART lead, which will also serve number 1.

I only buy damaged or untested units on eBay.