News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DjVu

Started by greatwolf1283, 20:09, 26 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

greatwolf1283

Just wondering if anyone can help me as I'm trying to put together a manual, and wanted to try a different format than PDF as the end result was over 200MB in  size.  I'm trying to use DjVu but can't seem to get a good setup for it.  Basically I want the main pages to be greyscale, with the front and back covers in colour.

If anyones got any pointers that would be much appreciated.

SRS

VincentGR

Compression as SRS said is a way.
Also you can try OCR conversion as it will reduce the size significantly, plus you can search keywords  ;D

Bryce

Compression, but I wouldn't use an online tool, it will take forever. Try using something like PDF24 Creator and mess about with the quality and compression settings.

Bryce.

Gryzor

I use this: pdfforge | PDF Creator - The FREE PDF Converter Tool, ease to use pdf printer, . Final PDF size usually depends on the compression and format of image you use. PDF is just a container for other stuff, like mkv...

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:33, 29 August 16
I use this: pdfforge | PDF Creator - The FREE PDF Converter Tool, ease to use pdf printer, . Final PDF size usually depends on the compression and format of image you use. PDF is just a container for other stuff, like mkv...

I wouldn't go near PDFCreator, as it's long been known to be infested with malware. It's a shame, because I used it in its early years before the developers included malware with it, and it was a really useful tool for generating PDFs.

Docent

Quote from: Nich on 15:58, 29 August 16
I wouldn't go near PDFCreator, as it's long been known to be infested with malware. It's a shame, because I used it in its early years before the developers included malware with it, and it was a really useful tool for generating PDFs.

They offer ads-free version for just 10 EUR, perhaps this one do not install any malware. You can also build it on your own :) - the source is available here :github.com/pdfforge/PDFCreator

Bryce

The one I use is this: PDF Creator & Converter kostenlos - PDF erstellen - PDF24   It definitely doesn't have any malware in it, just a sheep?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Oh crap: PDFCreator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . Strangely, I never got any toolbars, nor any suspicious behavior afterwards. Maybe I'm just extra careful when installing...