News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Don't wait to reach out to old mates - do it now

Started by mr_lou, 16:45, 06 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

Back in the 90s I had a fellow tracker mate. He created music in Scream Tracker 3 on the PC, while I used Protracker on the Amiga.

As per tradition we'd lose contact due to education and work etc.

In recent time I'd been thinking about getting back in touch with him. If he was still doing oldskool tracking like me, it could probably be neat to have a chat, and possibly exchange tips'n'tricks regarding music tracking.

But then a few weeks ago I learned that he passed away back in 2012. He was only 39 years old.

He's mentioned briefly in 8-bit Memoirs as Mr.Mix.

Another person who's also mentioned in 8-bit Memoirs is Mr.Spy. He also passed away years ago.

I've lost 4 oldtimers already at this point, and they were all around my age. That's too many, and it's very sad.

I think we can all agree that time flies. But I didn't expect people to leave so soon. Especially not the amount I'm experiencing. Links to the past is vanishing fast it seems.

So if you're pondering about reaching out to old mates - don't wait. Go ahead and reach out today. You never know when you won't have the chance anymore.  :(

Bryce

I've lost 3 close friends (who I hadn't lost contact with) between November and February this year, so I know the feeling. I know we're getting old and all that, but could people please stop dying, or at least take a break, I've had enough funerals this year.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

I had a cousin who was a humanitarian worker, they were a bright person, looked after themselves (unlike her mother), had their whole life ahead of them and was in a serious relationship, the next thing we hear was they had advanced Brain Tumor and was dead within a couple of weeks!  :o

But we're really guilty when it comes to taking Life for granted and we simply assume that person will still be alive, when there maybe a situation of someone you know has died through the actions of somebody else. I don't know how things are overseas, but in Aust. accidents still occur on the roads and people still die even though the authorities say there's less deaths on the roads now despite there being more accidents. It's just ridiculous.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 07:39, 07 May 18but could people please stop dying

Exactly my reoccurring thoughts these recent years.  :(

Quote from: AMSDOS on 10:21, 07 May 18But we're really guilty when it comes to taking Life for granted and we simply assume that person will still be alive

Because we always assume "it doesn't happen to me - or anyone I know".

Of course, we shouldn't go around worrying either. That would be pointless.
But I'm really tired of people dying around me. Especially at such an early age.