News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Something odd about the donations page...

Started by blackdalek, 13:35, 13 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdalek

This may be a stupid question, and I could be missing something obvious, but on the donations page where recent donations are listed, two of the columns headings are: "Amount" and "EUR"

Now I assumed that the "Amount" column shows the amount in the currency chosen by sender, and the "EUR" column is meant to display the equivalent amount in euros after conversion.

However... this is what I am seeing instead: -

£15.00 (GBP)     15.00
$25.00 (USD)     25.00
€10.00 (EUR)     9.31
£15.00 (GBP)     15.00

The foreign currency are displayed as identical euro amounts
the Euro currency donations are displaying as "converted" amounts???

What's up with that?
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Bryce

I think the EUR column is what Gryzor got after the Paypal fees were taken into account?

Bryce.

blackdalek

Perhaps.. but shouldn't the EUR column for all the foreign amounts also show an altered figure?
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Bryce

It probably shouldn't be labelled EUR? :)

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

We're awaiting GBP to be renamed to UMM after Brexit...

Useless Monopoly Money  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

Can't they call it British Useless Money? (I'll let you work out the initials yourself) :D

Bryce.

Urusergi

Quote from: Bryce on 15:12, 13 March 18
Can't they call it British Useless Money? (I'll let you work out the initials yourself) :D
I don't know why, but I thought you're British  :-X

BUUUUUM! ;D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:40, 13 March 18

BUUUUUM! ;D

Ooooh, saying that to an Irishman can get you severely beaten up, lad. Consider that fair warning.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

Quote from: Urusergi on 15:40, 13 March 18

BUUUUUM! ;D

Nope, Irish :)

Bryce.

SOS

Hmmm, maybe Gryzor didn't clean up his eye-glasses?   :D

Or this is the last big secret of this page - how is the donation page calculated, especially the "Total Receipts"?  :P
(Who is the first to crack this puzzle - Which mathematical formula has Gryzor used  :D ?)

Urusergi

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 15:53, 13 March 18
Ooooh, saying that to an Irishman can get you severely beaten up, lad. Consider that fair warning.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:doh: I'm soooorry, It will not happen again  ;D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:30, 13 March 18
:doh: I'm soooorry, It will not happen again  ;D

That's ok, we like our Portugese friends. ;)  :laugh:
*ducks*

Urusergi

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 16:37, 13 March 18
That's ok, we like our Portugese friends. ;) :laugh:
*ducks*
>:( How?  :'( It's written PortugUese. I hope you never forget  :laugh: 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:52, 13 March 18
>:( How?  :'( It's written PortugUese. I hope you never forget  :laugh:

I wrote that in kind of a hurry. Poor spelling is nobodys fault but my own in this particular case.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Urusergi

Seriously this time,
It's said that the Portuguese get a good accent in English. Only for that I'd like to be

Bryce

Quote from: Urusergi on 17:02, 13 March 18
Seriously this time,
It's said that the Portuguese get a good accent in English. Only for that I'd like to be

I work with quite a few Portuguese people and I can assure you their English accent ISN'T what you want :D

Bryce.

Urusergi

Quote from: Bryce on 12:56, 14 March 18
I work with quite a few Portuguese people and I can assure you their English accent ISN'T what you want :D
I thought they speak well  ::)
With some exceptions we are shy when have to speak in another language (my case) and that's because we learn little and bad, but I think that teaching has improved in recent years.

To you (irish or british people), what accent do you like the most speaking english?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Urusergi on 16:40, 14 March 18
To you (irish or british people), what accent do you like the most speaking english?

Northern Irish or Scottish girls speaking with their accents make me melt every single time.  :)

Bryce

French, when you can actually find a French person who speaks anything other than French.

Bryce.

Skunkfish

I'd have to say Finnish. Mainly because my wife is from Helsinki...

Other than that, I would say French. I used to work with a lot of French people in London.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

arnoldemu

Back on topic temporarily  ;D
I have donated before in £. The amount showed £ but the total on the page didn't update. I asked Gryzor about it. He received the amount and it did contribute towards the costs.
I think he needs to manually update the donation page when the currency is not euro.

Back to off topic  ;D
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 09:03, 15 March 18
French, when you can actually find a French person who speaks anything other than French.

Bryce.

Vat ale iou sailing ?
Brain Radioactivity

Shaun M. Neary

Bryce

Quote from: remax on 00:30, 16 March 18

Vat ale iou sailing ?

Je voulais dire... opps, I mean: I wanted to say that my wife is French and can speak English (with a heavy accent), but I've rarely heard it.

Bryce.

remax

Quote from: Bryce on 08:15, 16 March 18
Je voulais dire... opps, I mean: I wanted to say that my wife is French and can speak English (with a heavy accent), but I've rarely heard it.

Bryce.

That's because, we, french people, are very shy  :'(
Brain Radioactivity