Author Topic: 8-bit Memoirs Issue #1 released!!!  (Read 986 times)

mr_lou and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2402
Re: 8-bit Memoirs Issue #1 released!!!
« Reply #10 on: 16:24, 06 December 17 »
Ah darn. I'd love the disc version because of the case and all, but I've got no drive to play it on :D (my laptop used to have one until I ripped it out in favor of a second HDD). Torn!

Maybe I'll just buy the disc and download the image; I think KODI can handle BR ISOs...

Online mr_lou

• 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • The Music Resource for the Indie Game Developer
  • Liked: 664
« Reply #11 on: 16:37, 06 December 17 »
Ah darn. I'd love the disc version because of the case and all, but I've got no drive to play it on :D (my laptop used to have one until I ripped it out in favor of a second HDD). Torn!

And no PlayStation 3? PlayStation 4? Xbox One?  :)
Popcorn Hour C200 or C300?

Maybe I'll just buy the disc and download the image; I think KODI can handle BR ISOs...

I have been doing a lot of researching these days, looking for devices that should be able to play Blu-ray ISO files. And Kodi has come up a lot indeed. But I think it matters on what platform it's running. There seems to be a lot of Android TV Boxes nowadays. Some run Kodi, others run somethings else, but they all seem to be able to play Blu-ray ISO files with full Java support. That is a positive surprise.

I've only tried once with Kodi a good while back, installing it on a Rasberry Pi, but I had no luck playing my ISO back then.

Let me know your results!  :)

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
« Reply #12 on: 16:47, 06 December 17 »
Playstation 4? XBOXBOwhatever? What are you talking about? :D The newest console I have is a 360, sitting in a box somewhere...

We'll have to see. I've tried Kodi BR playbak on my Nvidia Shield TV and it was all fine, but it was just a disc's FS (IIRC) containing just a movie. Supposedly it can do ISOs too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Does PLEX do BR ISO transcoding? Maybe I could use that on my NAS...

Online mr_lou

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #13 on: 16:51, 06 December 17 »
We'll have to see. I've tried Kodi BR playbak on my Nvidia Shield TV and it was all fine, but it was just a disc's FS (IIRC) containing just a movie. Supposedly it can do ISOs too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Does PLEX do BR ISO transcoding? Maybe I could use that on my NAS...

Sadly neither Nvidia Shield nor Plex can handle the Java stuff. They'll just play the videos on the ISO.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/223248/can-i-stream-a-full-bluray-with-menu

But you can use VLC on your PC. It does have a few bugs at the moment, but I'm in close contact with one of the developers, so hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
« Reply #14 on: 17:05, 06 December 17 »
Oh, bummer. I really didn't want to involve my PC/laptop, I wanted the full laid-back experience, but oh well I guess!

Online mr_lou

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #15 on: 08:21, 08 December 17 »
4 more device that should be able to play the ISO from USB or harddisk:

Egreat A5 / A10 / A11
HDX-BD1
QNAP NMP-1000P
VidOn.me AV200

My post on previous page with the full list updated.

I've tried Kodi BR playbak on my Nvidia Shield TV and it was all fine, but it was just a disc's FS (IIRC) containing just a movie. Supposedly it can do ISOs too, but I haven't tried it yet.

According to rumours, Kodi v18 (Leia) should have Blu-ray ISO supprt with full Blu-ray menus.
I've tried the nightly build briefly here on Ubuntu, but didn't have much luck.
« Last Edit: 08:26, 08 December 17 by mr_lou »

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
« Reply #16 on: 12:22, 08 December 17 »
Well v18 is far from ready of course, so there's hope!

Offline ivarf

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 142
« Reply #17 on: 18:32, 09 December 17 »

I really liked what I saw in your preview. My newest console is a Xbox360 and I have no blue-ray player yet. I will probably get both in time. Downloading..

Thank you!

Online mr_lou

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #18 on: 18:39, 09 December 17 »
I really liked what I saw in your preview. My newest console is a Xbox360 and I have no blue-ray player yet. I will probably get both in time. Downloading..

Thanks!
Well, as mentioned, you can always use a nightly build of VLC to view it on your computer, unless you have one of the hardware media players listed on the previous page, which would be a better choice because of the current bugs in VLC.

Otherwise you could consider buying a used Blu-ray player. They can sometimes be found for 7 Euro or so. (I've bought a lot of them for testing purposes).

Meanwhile I find myself stuck in bed with the flu. I don't suppose anyone has written issue #2 yet?  ;) I'm severely bored here....
(Is there ANYthing good on Netflix?)

Offline GUNHED

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 50
« Reply #19 on: 16:40, 12 December 17 »
There is really lot's of stuff to explore. Great piece of work! Thank you very much!!!  :) :) :)