News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Any "Buck Rogers" fans here?

Started by mr_lou, 15:25, 12 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

How old are we?  :)

I've been stuck in bed with the flu for the past 5 days now. This is when it's time to watch some of those old shows I never got to see back in the day (or only saw very briefly). So I took "
Buck Rogers" from the shelf and have watched 6 hours of it at this point.  :) (That's the two first discs of season 1).

Very cheesy, typical 80's scifi.  :D It's quite ok actually. Some poor acting, and some decent acting. Fight scenes are only for laughs.  :)
I know that my cousin used to watch "Buck Rogers" as a kid. His dad had all the equipment he needed to be able to watch foreign TV channels, so he grew up with all the cool scifi shows back then. I had to wait 35 years before watching it myself.  :)

And then I of course had to Google for "Buck Rogers" gameplay. Found out the CPC has no Buck Rogers game, but it has "
3D Fight" which is clearly a clone of the Buck Rogers game. I've played this game quit a bit back in the day. Rather nostalgic. But of course I gotta go try the original arcade version now too.  :)

Do we have any Buck Rogers fans here?

ervin

Yep, watched it as a kid every Saturday night when it was originally aired.
Loved it at the time, but I imagine that it would be pretty cringeworthy these days.  :laugh:

Oh, and Erin Gray eh?
Oh yes indeed!

mr_lou

Quote from: ervin on 15:55, 12 September 18
Loved it at the time, but I imagine that it would be pretty cringeworthy these days.  :laugh:

Oh, and Erin Gray eh?
Oh yes indeed!
Absolutely!  :)
I actually feel Erin Gray might be the best actor in the show. There's a genuine feel from her, both when she's acting happy and sad.

mr_lou

First 9 hours watched now. It grows on you. I can see I better find season 2 somewhere soon.  :)

ervin

Quote from: mr_lou on 18:16, 14 September 18
First 9 hours watched now. It grows on you. I can see I better find season 2 somewhere soon.  :)

Hmmm, might have to try digging up some episodes!

Vyper68

Quote from: ervin on 15:55, 12 September 18

Oh, and Erin Gray eh?
Oh yes indeed!
Me too, I was glued to the Telly when it was on in the early 80's and the Erin Gray in the skin-tight jumpsuit made me feel odd ( I was only 11 ) I deffo held a torch for her and of course Debbie Harry as well.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Carnivius

Erin Gray was one I didn't really appreciate til I was a bit older and realised it's probably a lil healthier to crush on actual live action characters than animated ones (as much as I did love cartoon babes like Firestar, She-Ra and Cheetara :P )
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife