News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Atari Protext

Started by ComSoft6128, 07:07, 18 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

The clearing of the "Amstrad Cupboard From Hell" continues. This time a non CPC item.
Atari Protext 6.6 - 4 disks (Program disk, Dictionary disk, Thesaurus disc and Printer driver disk) - these are the original Arnor disks. No manuals. Might be working might not. Free to any member that could use them and has an Atari.

Cheers,

Peter

robcfg

I'd very much like to give them a try.

I'll send you a pm  ;)

Vyper68

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 07:07, 18 September 18
The clearing of the "Amstrad Cupboard From Hell" continues. This time a non CPC item.
Atari Protext 6.6 - 4 disks (Program disk, Dictionary disk, Thesaurus disc and Printer driver disk) - these are the original Arnor disks. No manuals. Might be working might not. Free to any member that could use them and has an Atari.

Cheers,

Peter
Your cupboard must be like Narnia the amount of kit that's in it! ROFL  :laugh: :laugh:
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

scruss

Quote from: robcfg on 10:07, 18 September 18
I'd very much like to give them a try.
Please, please, please archive 'em properly: put the images up on archive.org or similar.
Protext was a lovely wordprocessor, and deserves to be available. I even know of a few (very few) people who use MS-DOS Protext in Dosbox to write articles.

Bryce

robcfg

I still would like to give it a try, you never know if it's another version, or if there's been an unnoticed error on previous dumps.

Atarian

Hi!

I had to register just to post in this thread.

I have searched for an Atari ST version of Protext 6.6 for years. I'd be eternally grateful if I could have the images and I would even buy the disks if they were readable.

Josh

joshua.kaijankoski at atariancomputing.com

robcfg

Hi Josh!

I'll send you the disks images and pictures tonight.

The disks are actually in great condition and managed to read them without errors.

Cheers,
Rob

Atarian

Quote from: robcfg on 09:42, 01 March 19
Hi Josh!

I'll send you the disks images and pictures tonight.

The disks are actually in great condition and managed to read them without errors.

Cheers,
Rob

Amazing! Thanks so much!!!

Josh.

Atarian

Many thanks to Rob and ComSoft6128. I made the images available here: http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35568

Gryzor

Protext is nice, but what was that WYSIWYT French text editor from the 90s? The one that came in several disks? I toyed with it at some point and it was very impressive...

revaldinho

Gryzor

Ah yes, I think that was the one. A seriously impressive app to be honest. Strange there's no more info online - couldn't find a vid to insert to this post, for instance!