News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ghosts 'n Goblins vs Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Which Is Best?

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 00:02, 19 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi everyone and welcome to the January 2018 edition of the "Which Is Best?" and the first of the 3rd series (started back in Dec' 2015).
Last month I placed the arcade classic Gauntlet II against Ranarama asking you which in your minds was the better game Gauntlet type game and after counting all the votes I can now reveal Ranarama is the winner with 21 votes with Gauntlet II receiving 17 votes.
I have to admit as a Ranarama fan I had a strong feeling that Gauntlet II was going to win as it is more well known amoungst gamers so to me this was quite an upset,...not taking away how good Ranarama is.

To start the 3rd series I'm going to place the two Capcom Arcade classics Ghosts 'n Goblins against Ghouls 'n Ghosts, which do you think is the better game?!, only your votes will determine that,...happy voting! :-D

Ghosts vs Ghouls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBofbniiiY

Zeus.

Gryzor

Shaun M. Neary

Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Yeah, of only i knew where mine is... Was working for Sony at the time, so I had a ton of modified batteries (remember the hack?) [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Carnivius

Have to admit I hated both games.  Just didn't find them fun.

However I do enjoy the much more recent indie game Cursed Castilla which is very much inspired by those.  And also Capcom's own PS2 series Maximo which is a 3D spiritual successor of sorts to their own GnG games.  And also the SNES game Demon's Crest is a beautifully made spin-off from the original GnG games too.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:38, 20 January 18
Yeah, of only i knew where mine is... Was working for Sony at the time, so I had a ton of modified batteries (remember the hack?)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yep the pandora battery. Mate of mine did the hack for me. Played CPC stuff on it religiously after that hack got done before I got the proper machines. Still bring it on vacation at times.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ZEUSDAZ

Just over a week to go to get your votes in, which is the better arcade game,...Goblins or Ghouls?!           

ZEUSDAZ

THE RESULT!: GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS - 22 VOTES, GHOUS 'N GHOSTS - 20 VOTES, GHOSTS WINS!
GREAT EDITION AND A VERY CLOSE BATTLE, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO TOOK PART IN THE VOTING :-D

NEW EDITION NOW UP IN THE "GAMES" FORUM :-)