News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Space Invaders vs Pac-Man - Which Made The Biggest Impact?

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 00:21, 17 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi everyone and welcome to the August 2017 edition of Which Is Best?
Last month I placed two classic ZX Spectrum games head to head, Atic Atac and Jet Pac and I can announce Atic Atac won this edition winning 24 of the votes compared to 22 votes for Jet Pac, good god this was a close one, came right down to the last 3 votes, up until that moment I had no idea which would win, I was grinning whilst counting them knowing this was going to be extremely tight.
It was interesting to see where your loyalties lied when it came to choosing one of these games over the other and this month it doesn't get easier for you ;-)

This month I place 2 but very different famous iconic games ever that sent arcade gaming into the skies and gave birth to so many future video games.
One game caused a shortage of coins in Japan and cost many people their jobs because of the addiction, the other game also appealed to females as it was a game that unlike many games where you chase and kill, this game had you running away 95% of the time, they are Space Invaders and Pac-Man.
Which for you is the game that slingshotted video games into the popular domain in the early days and considered the Grand Daddy of retro arcade gaming?!,...only you can decide that, happy voting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzCmamyzF5s

Gryzor

tjohnson

Quote from: ZEUSDAZ on 00:21, 17 August 17
Hi everyone and welcome to the August 2017 edition of Which Is Best?
Last month I placed two classic ZX Spectrum games head to head, Atic Atac and Jet Pac and I can announce Atic Atac won this edition winning 24 of the votes compared to 22 votes for Jet Pac, good god this was a close one, came right down to the last 3 votes, up until that moment I had no idea which would win, I was grinning whilst counting them knowing this was going to be extremely tight.
It was interesting to see where your loyalties lied when it came to choosing one of these games over the other and this month it doesn't get easier for you ;-)

This month I place 2 but very different famous iconic games ever that sent arcade gaming into the skies and gave birth to so many future video games.
One game caused a shortage of coins in Japan and cost many people their jobs because of the addiction, the other game also appealed to females as it was a game that unlike many games where you chase and kill, this game had you running away 95% of the time, they are Space Invaders and Pac-Man.
Which for you is the game that slingshotted video games into the popular domain in the early days and considered the Grand Daddy of retro arcade gaming?!,...only you can decide that, happy voting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzCmamyzF5s
Was it invaders that caused a shortage of coins and people their jobs?   Really?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk