News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The History Of Mastertronic

Started by Swainy, 09:01, 03 October 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Swainy

Welcome to episode 98 of the UK's No.1 Retro Gaming Podcast.
In this episode, Sam (mrsid), Steve (press play on tape) and Paul (the drisk) chat through the history of budget game kings, Mastertronic.
In this third in the series or our company history podcasts, we chat about key games, milestones in the companies history and have some amazing listener contributions.
If that wasn't enough, we have even produced a History of Mastertronic PDF for you to download which includes loads more detail. Huge thanks to Paul for putting this together. Enjoy!

iTunes - Podcasts - Retro Asylum Podcast by retroasylum.com

Episode 98 – The History of Mastertronic | Retro Asylum

http://retroasylum.podomatic.com/enclosure/2014-10-02T13_19_32-07_00.mp3

View the PDF here:
Mastertronic Book - Retro Asylum.pdf - Google Drive

Big thanks to all our wonderful sponsors and to Phil Hockaday for the EXCELLENT cover artwork!

Any feedback is more than welcome and please leave us an iTunes review if you haven't already.
Retro Asylum

TFM

Look at this blue guy... Did MacDonalds put an advertisement on his forehead?  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Swainy

Surely you remember Mister Tronic?
Retro Asylum

TFM

No, I don't even know him. But no reason to get personal. It's a funny picture and attrackts comments.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Swainy

Who's being personal? I was just asking :)
Retro Asylum

TFM

Haha, you won't believe it I'm a person, not a program.

- End of line -

TFM of FutureSoft

dcdrac

mastertronic were a UK budget software publisher some of the games were very good, others were appalling, most games cost £1.99 or £2.00 if you went for the MAD Mastertronic Added Dimension games.

A lot of their games were on a par with full price ones.

Gryzor

Didn't care much for labels back then but I sure owned many of their games...

jbaudrand

knight tyme, love this game, Kane too, Chiller not so much, what I remember was huuuge loading time of all these game (last V8 was very very long)
I love the mastertronic "shelves" full of tapes, the seller opened them and extract the selected game. really really good memories...

MacDeath

Those mastertronic kassettes where the staple of Arnold's early days... could be surprisingly nice or awfully terribads.

I gave a look at the things linked here, and felt there was no love for CPC... no serious mentions on CPC version or did I just didn't read enough ?

I mean, I managed to see only 4 or 5 Amstrad CPC screenshots.

Swainy

Sadly the team who put that episode together haven't really ever had access to the CPC. In fact I think that there's only a couple of us who currently own one. It's something that I want to reactify though in future episodes.

If any of you guys want to appear on the show to talk Amstrad then please do let me know.
Retro Asylum