News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New game for C64, Sam's Journey (platformer)

Started by Joseman, 14:36, 09 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseman

It seems that a new game is in development for the c64, generally I ain't interested on de C64, but this game seems very nice, very marios bros:

Indie Retro News: The latest free games, indie games and retro news: Sam's

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

I just noticed that Retro Invaders has sourced none of our posts yet we were the original writers! Annoyed isn't the word  :(
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TFM

Remembers me a bit of the Rainbow Islands Character in Giana Sisters world. Looks very nice actually. Colors are good too, not as bleached out as in other games.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Joseman

Quote from: Neil79 on 16:59, 09 April 15
I just noticed that Retro Invaders has sourced none of our posts yet we were the original writers! Annoyed isn't the word  :(

Sorry I didn't know that

Fixed

Neil79

Quote from: Joseman on 20:12, 09 April 15
Sorry I didn't know that

Fixed

Not to worry, thank you Joseman for fixing the link  8)

sigh

Looks very nice. Great use of the C64 colours.

CraigsBar

And I have just paid up for c64.emu for my JXD. Excellent I'll use it for more than Bruce lee 2 now.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:38, 10 April 15
And I have just paid up for c64.emu for my JXD. Excellent I'll use it for more than Bruce lee 2 now.

Awesome! Make sure to follow us for the latest in not just Amstrad news but C64 too!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Neil79 on 00:40, 10 April 15

Awesome! Make sure to follow us for the latest in not just Amstrad news but C64 too!
sure will..... Done!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

MacDeath

Browns, browns everywhere... are you sure the hero is not a plumber ?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Neil79 on 22:14, 09 April 15

Not to worry, thank you Joseman for fixing the link  8)
@Neil79: Does CPCwiki catch your RSS feed?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Neil79

Quote from: arnoldemu on 08:46, 10 April 15
@Neil79: Does CPCwiki catch your RSS feed?

our feed is here
Indie Retro News: The latest free games, indie games and retro news

Although not sure how it can tell the difference between an Indie post and a CPC one

TFM

Well, you post it anyway by hand.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Indeed, I wouldn't know where to make the bot post since Neil's site covers everything.

Neil79

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:05, 19 April 15
Indeed, I wouldn't know where to make the bot post since Neil's site covers everything.

I wish I covered everything, I just don't have the time nor the brain power  :laugh:

Neil79

Neil79

QuoteJust as I was about to give you another news release, when our good friend Knights of Bytes has just given us an exclusive heads up over his in development C64 game ' Sam's Journey ', which has now received a new costume makeover!

Indie Retro News: Sam's Journey - Sam gets disco fever in this latest exclusive

Neil79

Sam's Journey - Knights of Bytes latest C64 game turns into a Vampire! -

QuoteNearly every day so far, I've been thinking out loud what is going on with Sam's Journey and why haven't we had any new information about this jaw dropping C64 game in development. And sure enough today my waiting has ended. As Knights of Bytes has just informed us of a new gameplay trailer with screenshots that has been released which stars Sam as a sharp toothed Vampire ready to fly about and suck your blood.

Indie Retro News: Sam's Journey - Knights of Bytes latest C64 game turns into a

dodogildo

Uhhh, that was hard :)

Not just beautiful graphics but awesome scrolling and seemed very responsive to me.

Damn >)

Congrats
M'enfin!

TFM

Lot's of good c64 stuff seems to come from Germany these days.... guys GET A CPC6128... just saying!  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

VincentGR

Quote from: dodogildo on 18:33, 11 January 16
Uhhh, that was hard :)

Not just beautiful graphics but awesome scrolling and seemed very responsive to me.

Damn >)

Congrats

Well... even if we like it or not, C64 is the king of scroll  ;D

Neil79

Sam's Journey - This beautiful looking C64 creation gets a BIG feature list!

QuoteAfter waking up after a rather rough night to say the least, I was hoping for something to put a smile on my face from the gaming scene. Sure enough directly from Knights of Bytes, they have finally announced the feature list for the incredible looking C64 game that is currently in development ' Sam's Journey ', of which we have featured as soon as it was first mentioned. Not just that, but the developer Chester Kollschen and team under the label Knights of Bytes is also looking for your financial support via his Patreon page.

Indie Retro News: Sam's Journey - This beautiful looking C64 creation gets a BIG

Bytebreaker

By they way.. is there a special way for Amstrad coders to compensate the lack of hardware sprites in games?

Which method is used to display various multi-colored objects on the screen and move them?