News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pi 3 v1.0 [RELEASED]

Started by Gryzor, 09:23, 21 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys, Not CPC-related but I'm sure many of you will jump at it :)

ransom1122 from the English Amiga Board released an awesome package for the RPi3 that will turn your humble board into what looks like infinite amounts of fun. Here's the description:

Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v1.0 [RELEASED]

Here is my Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v1.0 released. This has taken over 6 months of hard work to achieve, I hope all who use it appreciate all the time and effort that went into this project.

This project consists of Amiberry installed onto RetroPie, no other emulators are included. It is purely for the Amiga enthusiasts that want a complete Amiga package in one.

Description of Game names & Examples...

ADF Games end with [ADF]
- Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe [ADF]

HDF Games end with [HDF]
- Sabre Team (ECS) [HDF]

WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
- Sabre Team

WHDLoad AGA games end with [AGA]
- Sabre Team [AGA]

WHDLoad CD32 games end with [CD32]
- Sabre Team [CD32]

WHDLoad CDTV games end with [CDTV]
- Battle Chess [CDTV]

CD32 Games end with (CD32)
- Sabre Team (CD32)

Notes:
- Required Raspberry Pie 3 (Pie2 may work but much slower)
- Required 128gb Micro SD card (Bigger SD to have more space for future game addon updates)
- Recommended Official PS3 wireless controller (Pre configured to run all games wirelessly)
- Recommended to have USB Mouse or Keyboard to bypass cracktro's and trainers in ADF games
- Many Configs have been modified to run the games at correct speed, example Vixen & Ikari Warrios run too fast, (now they run at normal speed)

Controls:
- PS3 Controller (PS) button - Quits back to RetroPie
- PS3 Controller [START] button - Pauses game and open up Amiberry GUI
- Hold Fire button "X" down when booting a WHDLoad game to get into Options/Trainer for the game
- Use USB mouse to enable trainers when Loading HDF games

What I have done so far

- 5,180 Games Included
- Added 2,563 WHDLoad games [ECS/OCS/AGA/CD32/CDTV]
- Added 1,833 ADF Disks (Approx 1,000 games)
- Added 1,340 HDF game images
- Added 180 Offical & Unofficial CD32 games with Audio
- Added 264 Original Amiga game music tracks in MP3, continuous music played while browsing games in RetroPie (Fades in and out when starting games and resumes when exiting games)

Plans for Updates in the Future

- Adding more ADF games
- Creating and adding more HDF games
- Add Covers to HDF & ADF games only

Special Thanks to

Midwan & the Gang [Amiberry]
Horace&theSpider [Ultimate Amiga]
DamienD - [ADF, HDF & WHDLoad Help]
Retroplay - [HDF & WHDLoad Help]
AmigaParadise - [Youtube Amiga Music Rips]

The original thread was removed from EAB due to some feud so I'm replicating it here instead of linking. The download can be found at https://back-ups.me/details.php?id=318750 (registration is free).  Warning, it's a pretty hefty download weighing in at almost 40GB, but I guess this is the only package you'll ever need to download. Well, this and the upcoming update pack (which, I'm told, will be a paltry 3GB.

You can also check out some of the creator's videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsImGTGwYXUiKJcnBdroCg

Have fun!

ervin

Wow! Really nice job.
When I get myself a Pi3, this will be the first thing I hunt down.

Gryzor

You should probably start earlier than that, what with its size and all :D

But yes, it looks like the bee's knees. All the systems I/we 've been trying to build over the years, ready at our fingertips...

Jarzza

Wow that Ultimate Amiga collection is awsome....

Skunkfish

Sounds great, is Amiga emulation fast on a Pi?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

VincentGR

Quote from: Skunkfish on 00:24, 07 January 18

I've loaded some games and except from latency there are no slowdowns, at least what I've checked.

Jarzza

Quote from: Skunkfish on 00:24, 07 January 18
So far how i am using that Amiga emulation this works fast.And i didnt find even one game what is not working  so far.

Jarzza

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:23, 21 August 17
Hello guys, Not CPC-related but I'm sure many of you will jump at it :)

ransom1122 from the English Amiga Board released an awesome package for the RPi3 that will turn your humble board into what looks like infinite amounts of fun. Here's the description:

Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v1.0 [RELEASED]

Here is my Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v1.0 released. This has taken over 6 months of hard work to achieve, I hope all who use it appreciate all the time and effort that went into this project.

This project consists of Amiberry installed onto RetroPie, no other emulators are included. It is purely for the Amiga enthusiasts that want a complete Amiga package in one.

Description of Game names & Examples...

ADF Games end with [ADF]
- Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe [ADF]

HDF Games end with [HDF]
- Sabre Team (ECS) [HDF]

WHDLoad games have no tag at the end of the games name.
- Sabre Team

WHDLoad AGA games end with [AGA]
- Sabre Team [AGA]

WHDLoad CD32 games end with [CD32]
- Sabre Team [CD32]

WHDLoad CDTV games end with [CDTV]
- Battle Chess [CDTV]

CD32 Games end with (CD32)
- Sabre Team (CD32)

Notes:
- Required Raspberry Pie 3 (Pie2 may work but much slower)
- Required 128gb Micro SD card (Bigger SD to have more space for future game addon updates)
- Recommended Official PS3 wireless controller (Pre configured to run all games wirelessly)
- Recommended to have USB Mouse or Keyboard to bypass cracktro's and trainers in ADF games
- Many Configs have been modified to run the games at correct speed, example Vixen & Ikari Warrios run too fast, (now they run at normal speed)

Controls:
- PS3 Controller (PS) button - Quits back to RetroPie
- PS3 Controller [START] button - Pauses game and open up Amiberry GUI
- Hold Fire button "X" down when booting a WHDLoad game to get into Options/Trainer for the game
- Use USB mouse to enable trainers when Loading HDF games

What I have done so far

- 5,180 Games Included
- Added 2,563 WHDLoad games [ECS/OCS/AGA/CD32/CDTV]
- Added 1,833 ADF Disks (Approx 1,000 games)
- Added 1,340 HDF game images
- Added 180 Offical & Unofficial CD32 games with Audio
- Added 264 Original Amiga game music tracks in MP3, continuous music played while browsing games in RetroPie (Fades in and out when starting games and resumes when exiting games)

Plans for Updates in the Future

- Adding more ADF games
- Creating and adding more HDF games
- Add Covers to HDF & ADF games only

Special Thanks to

Midwan & the Gang [Amiberry]
Horace&theSpider [Ultimate Amiga]
DamienD - [ADF, HDF & WHDLoad Help]
Retroplay - [HDF & WHDLoad Help]
AmigaParadise - [Youtube Amiga Music Rips]

The original thread was removed from EAB due to some feud so I'm replicating it here instead of linking. The download can be found at https://back-ups.me/details.php?id=318750 (registration is free).  Warning, it's a pretty hefty download weighing in at almost 40GB, but I guess this is the only package you'll ever need to download. Well, this and the upcoming update pack (which, I'm told, will be a paltry 3GB.

You can also check out some of the creator's videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsImGTGwYXUiKJcnBdroCg

Have fun!
I am curious to know how i can add more games if i want this ultimate amiga system

Gryzor

I think that yes, you can; it's an open system. The point of the bundle is that he put everything and the sink in it so you don't go looking at different places for them...