News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Assembly code with sprites

Started by nico24, 14:33, 02 June 18

Previous topic - Next topic

nico24

Are there any simple games programmed in ASM available (source) that use the sprite hardware of the plus machines?
Thanks!

AMSDOS

Anyone is welcome to add a Plus version of my simple ASM game onto the Wiki. I'm unfamiliar with the Plus Sprites, though there's an example of it here, you may also want to update the scroll routine to use a Plus version, there's an example of that here.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

nico24

AMSDOS - thanks for your link to your wiki page. This is really useful info. I'm certainly looking through your code.

AMSDOS

The only thing I forgot to mention about it, is it's using Text Coordinate positions for placement of the graphics and the Collision Test is done by using the Graphical position just above the Space Ships position and the 3rd pixel along to detect any on-coming rocks. Because of the nature of the program relying on Text Coordinate positions, the Collision Test only needs to Test a single point, which would definitely need at least 2 tests if the Sprite Drivers work in pixel bytes.

It's probably something I'll look into in the future with a Standard CPC Sprite Driver. My main aim here was to code something really fast, though I wasn't really getting a fast enough vertical scroller.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3