News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

Followup on Xenon 2 discussion in the ShoutBox...

Started by tastefulmrship, 11:14, 13 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

tastefulmrship

Quotetastefulmrship [12|Feb 12:31 PM]:    @rex; I found the X2:Megablast YM file, but noticed this in the infotext "Converted by wire/mf 1998". So I was wrong; DavidW did NOT do a non-digi version of Xenon 2 afterall. I am trying to find a YM5-AY converter so I can play it on CPC, but nothing seems to work!
robcfg [12|Feb 01:34 PM]:    Hey, have you tried this program? http://bulba.untergrund.net/em...or_e.htm
rexbeng [13|Feb 08:31 AM]:    @tasty. Oh I see. home you find the way to make it. don't forget I'm still waiting for the Battle Squadron intro theme conversion from Amiga.
tastefulmrship [13|Feb 08:52 AM]:    @robcfg; AY_EMUL comes up with "LZH compressed data is not valid" when I load it up. For some reason I can only play the file in STSound95, but that only converts .YMs to .WAV files.
rexbeng [13|Feb 08:55 AM]:    @tasty: what I meant to write was "hope", not "home" :P
tastefulmrship [13|Feb 09:36 AM]:    @rex; Ok, update! I've just downloaded the original .ST file & DW did do a chip version (on the main menu) of Megablast.

I had to do a dirty rip of the title music (via SainT2.0) and here is the result (attached).

It's very badly done (it took me 5 minutes to do), but it gives you an idea of how it sounds in the game. If you want to hear it properly, then download STeem or SainT and the original disk image and load it up! ^_^

Gryzor

PacifiST works fine, too ;)

(the images from your sig appear to have disappeared?)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:35, 13 February 13
(the images from your sig appear to have disappeared?)
You mean the Head & Heel images? They look fine to me, but I'll check Photobucket; I made some changes to my album(s) and I might have accidentally moved them. They do not link to the CPCWiki anymore, though...

Slight update to the .dsk file. Attached.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Gryzor

Ah, now I see the images too.

Just listened to the tune, great conversion :) Any chance you could clip a sample or two in there? :)