News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Panels/multiple screens

Started by Kitsune Mifune, 19:38, 22 November 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Mifune

I had a look around for info on this but can't seem to find much.

Just wondering how panels and/or multiple screens are achieved? You know, the kind that are usually use to hold scores and energy bars etc. and look like they are embedded into the border separate from the main screen. Just wondering how that would work with differently set CRTC sizes? I have a screen set to 256x192 at the moment, but I'd like to put a little 16 line tall black panel at the top of the screen to hold info.

I don't think it's something I'll be implementing any time soon, but I'm just curious as to how to do it.

Thanks!
Unlocking the dark arts of assembly!

AMSDOS

Sounds like you're talking about a Rupture. There an example of a Vertical Rupture on the Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource, apart form that I don't know much about them :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Kitsune Mifune

Quote from: AMSDOS on 22:37, 22 November 19
Sounds like you're talking about a Rupture. There an example of a Vertical Rupture on the Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource, apart form that I don't know much about them :(

Thanks for the reply. Yes I read something about Ruptures, but I wasn't sure it was the same thing, as the article I saw sounded like it was describing something more like a vertical split screen.

The example actually looks like exactly what I need though. :)
Unlocking the dark arts of assembly!